endless loop of updating to 3.0.90

browned
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

in that same location? no.

That's pretty strange but that means the MSI is never actually running.  Nor is it reporting an error.

By any chance, did you delete the desktop icon from the previous install?

browned

No stock standard install for MBC and only 2 themes, Neo and ROC.

It looks like the install is ok, it runs, downloads, waits a little while then restarts MC and goes into MBC and it asks to update again.

Edited by browned

The install isn't okay as it isn't running.  I'm not sure why as there are no errors but if there is no msi log and the version doesn't change, then the install never actually ran.  Perhaps there is an error in the Windows event log?

To get you going again, you could try installing from the setup file on the web site.

browned

No problem using MBC 3.0.88 if I decline the update. Thought you might be interested.

application event log.

1. Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\deanjbrowne\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowserClassic.msi. Client Process Id: 11928.

2. Product: Media Browser Classic -- Configuration completed successfully.

3. Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Media Browser Classic. Product Version: 3.0.88.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Media Browser Team. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.

4. Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\deanjbrowne\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowserClassic.msi. Client Process Id: 11928.

Watched the folder C:\Users\deanjbrowne\AppData\Local\Temp, and mediabrowser directory is created, but it disappears before I can see what is downloaded.

Edited by browned

I am having the same problem. Previously had the same problem installing .88 except I did get it to install using the download from the web site but like browned this did not work with .90.

• Solution
CBers

A day later the update worked. whatever was wrong seems to have resolved itself.

@@ebr released a new install executable.

• Like 1