Windows 8.1 app crashes accessing larger music collection

akkidy

Accessing the music collection from the home menu, causes the app to close after less than a minute of trying to display the music list. Previously there was a option from the top swipe down menu to access the music library and this brings to a different page than the link from the home menu where the music is grouped in sections, for example, artists, albums and genre, this worked for me before. Recent update removed the music library link from the top swipe down menu and left only home and remote links. I hope there will be an option to change the home menu music library's default behavior of displaying all music at once and instead show the collection in sections, or at least group them somehow alphabetically, and not show all at once and causing the app to crash. Now I cannot use the app to view my music library and play music.

7illusions

There is. :)

Just bring out the charms-menu, click Settings -> General and flip the switch for "Use alternative music-layout"

I'll look into the crashes and fix it for next release.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I did try that, same result, it crashes. It's also not the same layout as the one from the previous top swipe down menu link page. I was able to use the alternate layout before the update.

I do hope you are able to fix the problem. The app looks really nice and the sync feature that was added recently is just superb.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk