Accessing the 'Specials' folder in Crystal

csimmo

I started using makeMKV yesterday, but I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to access the specials folder in Crystal, unless I am missing something. If it is possible, can someone let me know what I am over looking, or if its not in crystal yet, if it will be included eventually. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask:

I love how MBS is grabbing future/missing episode info, but I am noticing that Crystal also does a poor job of reporting what is a real file, and what is not. Will this also be fixed up?

Edited by csimmo

MBC does not currently support many of the features that are specific to MB3.  The missing/future episodes are the first ones really to be implemented.

So, you will not see specials nor chapter points or other new MB3 features in MBC yet.

This is because most of the themes available for MBC were actually written for MB2 and will not know how to deal with these items.  You will begin to see this with the missing/future episodes if you are using a theme other than default, chocolate or Roc or Crystal.

As time goes on, and MBC continues to be widely used and the older themes go away, we will gradually add some of these newer features into it.

• Like 1

leedavies

Thanks very much for the info. I will keep an eye out

MBC does not currently support many of the features that are specific to MB3.  The missing/future episodes are the first ones really to be implemented.

So, you will not see specials nor chapter points or other new MB3 features in MBC yet.

This is because most of the themes available for MBC were actually written for MB2 and will not know how to deal with these items.  You will begin to see this with the missing/future episodes if you are using a theme other than default, chocolate or Roc or Crystal.

As time goes on, and MBC continues to be widely used and the older themes go away, we will gradually add some of these newer features into it.

ROC has missing/future episodes support.   Crystal will be catching up with in the next few days.

As other features are added to the MBC API, they will also be added into ROC and Crystal.

• Like 1

Sweet Lee, I look forward to it. Thank you ebr, luke and RedShirt (I also use the Android client) and for anyone else for the programs. Thank you Lee for Crystal, its a brilliant theme!

Will you be doing something to address the special folder support too?

Edited by csimmo

leedavies

Sweet Lee, I look forward to it. Thank you ebr, luke and RedShirt (I also use the Android client) and for anyone else for the programs. Thank you Lee for Crystal, its a brilliant theme!

Will you be doing something to address the special folder support too?

Thanks csmimmi, appreciate your kind words. There's a Crystal update coming out very very soon which brings navigation responsiveness and scrolling speed etc up to the level of ROC.

Yes, special folders will be supported as available in the MBC APC.  As far as I'm aware, and can tell, MBC doesn't have support for those folders yet.