Dedicated Remote capability

jhoff80

jhoff80

I was thinking about getting one of the cheap HP or Winbook 7" tablets to use as a dedicated MediaBrowser remote for my living room.  With Windows 8.1's 'assigned access' feature, I know that I can force the MediaBrowser app to be the only thing that opens on the device.

However, the MediaBrowser app is generally designed to play to the device you're browsing on.  Would it maybe be possible at any point in the future to put something in options to force playback to another device?  (For example, in my case, always playing to the living room PC running MBC).  Or is that maybe such a niche scenario that it doesn't make sense to implement?

Steven

I requested this quite some time ago too. It would be a similar function to the way the web client handles it.

mattyes37

+1

I would also really like this function. I find navigating my library of 600 + movies and 1000's of albums very slow and tedious with a handheld Remote Control. I find the Windows 8.1 app layout absolutely ideal and very fast to navigate and scroll super quick through my collection. I am aware I can then "Play To" a device (such a TV), but then I have no access to the ALL IMPORTANT "Pause" and "Play" buttons on my handheld remote control. With this feature I could truly have the perfect setup, and rid couch of the mouse and keyboard.