Collections

Macburp

Macburp

Does anyone have any tips for quickly sorting a lot of contents into collections. Have tried through web client and metadata manager and it does seem very long-winded. Any advice / tips appreciated.

saitoh183

I used the webclient and selected each movie i wanted per page and added them all to the collection ...View 500 items per page made it alot easier

Macburp

I used the webclient and selected each movie i wanted per page and added them all to the collection ...View 500 items per page made it alot easier

Tried this. Am I right thinking it takes 5 or 6 clicks per movie to get it into the collection you need? That's far too hard if you have hundreds to do.

the auto-boxset plugin should do exactly this :)

@@Beardyname, are you saying it doesn't? :) :) I'm trying to gather my content into genres rather than create a box set, will the plug-in help me?

Thanks to both.

Tried this. Am I right thinking it takes 5 or 6 clicks per movie to get it into the collection you need? That's far too hard if you have hundreds to do.

No, it shouldn't take that many clicks per movie.

• Bring up your full movie list in the web client
  • Apply whatever filters you want
  • Hit the "check" at the top of the page
  • select each movie to be in a collection
  • Hit add to collection button at the top
  • Like 1

Deathsquirrel

@@Beardyname, are you saying it doesn't? :) :) I'm trying to gather my content into genres rather than create a box set, will the plug-in help me?

Thanks to both.

Why create collections to simulate Genres when viewing, sorting, and filtering by genre is already built in?  Typically collections are used to logically group related films for easier browsing.  For example, the three Harold and Kumar films aren't together when sorted alphabetically but as a collection all three are under H and when looking at my library take up only one entry on the movie list.

saitoh183

Thanks to both.

If your doing genre, then you should get the genre cleaner plugin and fix your genre for you movies. Then you can use the built in Genres section.

Koleckai Silvestri

I go to the collection's page, create the collection. Once done, I go into the empty collection and fill it with searches. It will show matches that aren't already in the collection. Just select what you want and click Add at the bottom. So for instance, it took me less than a minute to create a Star Trek Collection with all 12 movies and 5 series (missing the Animated Series). Though some collections need more searches. For instance there isn't a single search that would include all of Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Though if we could search by Studio or Actor that would help.

For Genres, I would rely on the metadata.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri