Sort Order!

PoBear

Hi

Forgive me if this should be in another section, happy to repost.

I'm running the latest server and MBC under W7.

I have a number of radio programmes recorded, many are in series. I've had problems setting them up in MB3 as they don't seem to fit well in any category, anyway I am currently have the library set up as music, however, although the files are MP3's most have no embedded data.

I'm having a problem with sort order and as the full file name is not showing it's a real problem.

Each Programme has it's own directory <programme name> and many a sub-directory for each series <season x>

They should be shown is name order but they are not, for example one I listened to tonight has the episodes in the following order 2,3,4,1,5! Each file has a numeric "track number" but also (from when I tried setting the library as TV), "programme name - S01Exx". The files are displayed in the correct order in Explorer and I've confirmed the sort order in MBC.

UPDATE

Just spotted that the example above is in episode name order.

Any ideas?

Edited by PoBear

ginjaninja

have you considered using mp3tag to add metadata (Track=Some Index to ensure sort order...title=EpisodeName/Index Number, artist=Station, albumartist=Station, album=RadioShow and genre=Radio, Date=Date of Broadcast)

you could use the mp3tag scripting language to assign most ofthese tags automatically based on filename/path....

if not i think its a feature request..becuase mp3s are not viewed by filesystem but by mp3 tag once ingested into MB3