WHAT happened with this last update? Server constantly disappears

rastoma

I know that there are some that are going to reply and ask what 'I' have done to cause this or what changes were done to cause this.

There's NO way I am the only person this has affected.  I've already a couple of threads of people basically stating the same thing and the replies to them have basically said it can't be the update because their's works.

For the last 2 days, MBS constantly says there's an update available and starts the update when I start the server.  After the new build (which is the latest beta) is installed, it says to restart the server.  So I click on restart and the server dies, never starts back up.

If I start the server manually it comes up and will work, meaning Roku and other PC's can stream video, but there is a system message stating a new version has been downloaded and the server needs to restart.  And again, if it's restarted, it dies.

I'm not trying to be rude towards the developer(s).  I love the software and really do appreciate it.  But it's really frustrating to in so many words, be told it's a problem on my end.  Just like a few weeks ago when something happened to keep the server from displaying the contents of video files unless they were located in a Season ## folder.  And I wasn't the only one having the issue, but yet again, it wasn't a fault in the software, it's a fault in my PC, even though I setup a brand new PC, new installation of Windows (tried 7 and 8.1) and fresh install of everything, and now for no reason, all video files have to be contained in a Season ## folder now.

So what did this update do to constantly cause my MBS to constantly disappear and continually wanting to upgrade?

Well if you saw other similar threads why didn't you read them? Because if you had read them you would have seen that they were both Norton related, and perhaps you would have participated in those discussions rather than opening a new one.

If you're not using Norton, then please see: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

rhconcepts

Well if you saw other similar threads why didn't you read them? Because if you had read them you would have seen that they were both Norton related, and perhaps you would have participated in those discussions rather than opening a new one.

If you're not using Norton, then please see: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Hey Luke this is the first time I have had this problem and it started last night. The one server lost all of its settings and the other looks like I might have to reinstall. I looked at norton but I don't see anything that it removed. What do I need to do to keep norton from messing with the mbs?