2 Issues With Metadata Manager Since Recent Update

BigGoose62

BigGoose62

When using the metadata manager to edit my movie collection, a couple issues have popped up since the most recent update.

1. When adding new genres to a movie, you type out your genre and then press the + button. This adds the genre correctly, but no longer clears the text input line. 

For example: I type "Comedy" in the input line -> press the + button -> Comedy is added to the list of genres -> "Comedy" is still in the input line

This is a problem because when adding 4 or 5 genres to a movie, you have to manually clear the input line each time.

2. When switching from the Metadata to the Images tab, or vice versa, the expanded list of movies on the left does not auto scroll to the selected movie any longer. This requires you to manually scroll to your movie of choice in order to select it, instead of starting out at the currently selected movie.

This is a problem because if you want to edit several movies starting with a W, then you have to scroll down every time. Before the latest update, auto scrolling worked just fine.

Can anyone else repeat these issues?

Happy2Play

I can reproduce #1.  The field doesn't even clear when changing movies.  But I can not reproduce #2.  Toggling between metadata and image would auto scroll to selected movie, but it took a second or two.  But I don't see why there should be a media list refresh when toggling between metadata and images or even subtitles tabs.

BigGoose62

I can reproduce #1.  The field doesn't even clear when changing movies.  But I can not reproduce #2.  Toggling between metadata and image would auto scroll to selected movie, but it took a second or two.  But I don't see why there should be a media list refresh when toggling between metadata and images or even subtitles tabs.

You are correct about the input field also not clearing between titles.

As far as #2, I'm not sure why auto scrolling doesn't work on my end. How many titles are in the collection you tested? I've got 690 in mine. And I'm pretty sure there's always been a refresh between the three tabs.

Deathsquirrel

1 happens with other fields like country as well.  It likely impacts all the fields where you type and hit + to add the value.

2 I can't reproduce.  The refresh isn't instant but with about 1100movies only takes a second or two.  Usually it happens faster than the actual image loading for me.

Happy2Play

You are correct about the input field also not clearing between titles.

As far as #2, I'm not sure why auto scrolling doesn't work on my end. How many titles are in the collection you tested? I've got 690 in mine. And I'm pretty sure there's always been a refresh between the three tabs.

What browser are you using?  Reproduced #2 in IE 11, where auto-scroll refreshes to the top of the media list.  But Firefox auto-scrolls back to selected movie.

Edited by Happy2Play

Reproduced #2 in Chrome 40.0.2214.115.

MBServer v3.0.5518.7

Metadata Manager > Expand "Movies" in left panel

Scroll down to the "W"s, select a movie, metadata shows in the right panel

Click the Images button in the right panel, images load immediately in the right panel, left panel refreshes but does not autoscroll to the selected movie (or previous position).

Heckler

I haven't noticed #1 possibly because I use genre cleaner.

But I have noticed #2 the left hand list no longer scrolls everytime... It does on some occasions but not on others.  I'll see if I can replicate it again and at what actions it does/doesn't.

Heckler

OK... I have managed to replicate #2 every time I do it this way.

Server Version 3.0.5518.7

Browser Firefox v35.0.1

A: From the browser, go to a movie page (see image)

autoscroll01.JPG

B:  Click on the Poster image to take you to the metadata manager, Images page and it doesn't autoscroll to the movie in the left hand column. (see image)

autoscroll02.JPG

C: Switch to the metadata tab and it still doesn't scroll to the movie in the left column. (see image)

autoscroll03.JPG

If you go from the movie page via the menu/edit, you have the same results.  If you manually select a movie from the left list, then scroll the list up/down away from that movie (without selecting another) and then flick between the images and metadata... the list remains static where you left it.

Hope that helps.

Deathsquirrel

Heckler I don't think you reproduced number 2.  That sounds like a third issue and one I can reproduce as well.  The second item doesn't appear to happen in Firefox.  I can reproduce it in IE easily.

• Like 1