Windows Metro inspired Views Tiles

politby

politby

Good morning!

Thought it's about time that I share something rather than just benefitting from others' hard work [emoji6]

I am running all my Media Browser Classic clients on Windows 8.1 so I have tried to give MBC a look close to the Metro UI while still using the Chocolate theme.

I created a quick and dirty set of tiles which will replace the defaults in the main MBC home and Library views.

Each main section has its own color, e.g. TV is green and Music is orange. Unfortunately the current IBN/general folder structure does not allow for separate resume and genre icons for TV and Movies, so I had to make them an exception to the color standard.

I also do not know why "Trailers" in the Channels view  does not pick up the new image.

Just unzip the attached archive and copy the included folders into ImagesByName\General. You also have to edit the views in the web client to replace the home screen tiles.

I am not a graphics designer by any stretch of the imagination so those of you who are good at this sort of stuff will probably choke at this. But they do work and I think it looks better then the haphazard looking server generated defaults. [emoji1]

Maybe some of you will find these useful.

54e9a6f579288_home.png

54e9a71e18307_movies.png

54e9a74026f7f_music.png

54e9a77589b68_tv.png

w8tiles.zip

Edited by politby
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...