TV Episode Posters

kingy444

kingy444

I have an issue in that all TV Episodes have now had a -poster.jpg file created in the same directory as the video file. I prefer all the metadata to be stored in the metadata directory for each show so that video files are more presentable. (personal preference)
I am happy to have a few images in the same folder but prefer just a few not one for every episode. Something like:

Season 1

- metadata <-- All metadata in here

- - Series.S01.E01...Episode.Name.jpg
- - Series.S01.E01...Episode.Name.xml
- - Series.S01.E02...Episode.Name.jpg
- - Series.S01.E02...Episode.Name.xml
- - Series.S01.E03...Episode.Name.jpg
- - Series.S01.E03...Episode.Name.xml
- backdrop.jpg
- backdrop1.jpg
- backdrop2.jpg
- banner.jpg
- folder.jpg
- Series.S01.E01...Episode.Name.mp4
- Series.S01.E02...Episode.Name.mp4
- Series.S01.E03...Episode.Name.mp4

I cannot turn this off as under 'Episodes' on the Metadata section of the server settings there is no selection for poster. only primary images.

I have two questions:

1. Can I delete the -posters and if so what will be the effect/consequence?

2. How can I disable redownloading of these (or can they be instead placed in the metadata folder)

kingy444

Then why when I mavigate to am episode and compare the -poster and the metadata image is the one in metadata the only one being picked up. same thing if I go to edit an epiaode in mediabrowser and look under images. -poster isnt even recognised anywhere ?

I dont mind having the extra picture but can they be moved to the mwtadata folder if they are required ?

Happy2Play

I occasionally get this with a race between MCM and MBS.  I just delete them occasionally when I notice them.

kingy444

I kust purely use mbs now. I can script the deletion. But I would prefer them just srored with the other metadata

Is a change like this hard ?