Post upgrade can't access server from within network for any of my tablets, iPad or roku

JDCaduceus

JDCaduceus

I do not know what happen after the upgrade. However, after the upgrade, I can no longer access my media browser serverFrom any of my tablets, iPad, or Roku.I have all correctlyconfigured for the right IP address and port number. My firewall has no issues. This had never been a problem until after the upgrade. Something has changed internally and I can't figure it out. I have rebooted the media server several times including reboot of the computer running it. Still I am not able to access The media server from any of my accessories as stated above.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

I think we saw one other report that was similar, but this was earlier in beta stages. It turned out to be their firewall blocking traffic, despite their initial belief that it wasn't the issue. Maybe something to look at.

JDCaduceus

I have the port open already Luke. Why would it work before and not now? Router was never touched. That does not make sense frankly. Did the update access the router config? I just checked router. Port forwarding is to proper ip for server and port. No firewall issue. I can't be the only one with this issue. Any ideas luke?

Edited by JDCaduceus

madjomack

I was able to access my server after the upgrade, but now I cannot. I can't bring up the web interface on any device even locally on the server.

JDCaduceus

Luke. With all due respect log files will not help in this situation. It is an access issue not a media browser server function issue. The log file will simply not log an issue for access when the devices (like in my situation tablet iPad roku) can't connect via their respective app. Despite no firewall issues and proper port forwarding to ip of the server

Angelblue05

As Luke said, looking at your system's firewall might be your answer. Sometimes removing and reapplying the firewall exception for the media browser server will correct things, have you tried? :) Let us know, since nothing else has changed.

Edited by Angelblue05

JDCaduceus

Yes. Already have router access for port forwarding to port 8096 to ip of my pc running my server. Also checked security on router nothing blocked to mb server. It even has upnp tcp access to proper port and ip of my server. It has worked flawlessly for months. After last night all access to my server is dead. Meaning any app i have on iPad or android or roku can't find server if I manually enter IP address. They all time out.

Before it was immediate access. No trouble at all

Edited by JDCaduceus

Angelblue05

@@JDCaduceus

I'm unsure if you have answered my question or not, since you are mentioning the router. I'm simply talking about the windows firewall. Anyway, this thread seems to be related to what you are experiencing http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18083-no-connection-after-beta-update/ It might be worth trying some of the suggestions found on the thread. Out of curiousity, what version of the media browser server version are you on? Thanks! :)

Edited by Angelblue05

JDCaduceus

Ok that fixed it. I scanned firewall issue. Seems that media browser public firewall was unchecked on windows 8 after update to prevent access. Just allowing access fixed issue. Luke and Angel. I apologize for rookie mistake.

Edited by JDCaduceus

madjomack

Not wanting to hijack a thread but my issue is also now resolved,

I looked into my logs and found

2015-02-21 22:31:21.1819 Error - ServerManager: The http server is unable to start due to a Socket error. This can occasionally happen when the operating system takes longer than usual to release the IP bindings from the previous session. This can take up to five minutes. Please try waiting or rebooting the system.

I did wait about 2 hours and I guess it never let go.

I restarted my Server (the server, not just MediaBrowser) and all is now working!

Not wanting to hijack a thread but my issue is also now resolved,

I looked into my logs and found

2015-02-21 22:31:21.1819 Error - ServerManager: The http server is unable to start due to a Socket error. This can occasionally happen when the operating system takes longer than usual to release the IP bindings from the previous session. This can take up to five minutes. Please try waiting or rebooting the system.

I did wait about 2 hours and I guess it never let go.

I restarted my Server (the server, not just MediaBrowser) and all is now working!

The next time this happens, make sure you don't have a stranded ffmpeg process running.