Latest & Suggested

diaz1510

diaz1510

I use the Web Client btw...

In the new server update (looks great so far btw), I noticed one of the changes was under the TV Shows Suggested Tab, it no longer shows a screen shot but the actual Show Thumb.  Anyway to select either?  In suggested view, I personally prefer the screenshot.  In the Latest Tab, it shows the Show Thumb and now, besides showing the number of episodes in "Latest",  it's basically redundant between the 2 tabs.

Also, I was still wondering about the ability to select which tab we prefer to show first.  Or at least have it consistant between Movies and TV Shows Tab.  In TV Shows tab it shows "Suggested" then "Latest" but under movies tab it shows "Latest" the "Suggested" tab...

Beardyname

the consistency for the 2nd part is actually quite logical, tv-shows you view in order and there suggested is most likely some paused ones and the rest will be "next up" ones.

But movies are usually watched in the order they are added, therefore latest makes more sense here than it would under tv :)

and yes, the tab preference has been requested before and there are some threads in the request section, if you want it implemented go ahead and +1 the first post in those.

For the first part of your post i don't have a clue so someone else might be able to answer that.

ginjaninja

I use the Web Client btw...

In the new server update (looks great so far btw), I noticed one of the changes was under the TV Shows Suggested Tab, it no longer shows a screen shot but the actual Show Thumb.  Anyway to select either?  In suggested view, I personally prefer the screenshot.  In the Latest Tab, it shows the Show Thumb and now, besides showing the number of episodes in "Latest",  it's basically redundant between the 2 tabs.

Also, I was still wondering about the ability to select which tab we prefer to show first.  Or at least have it consistant between Movies and TV Shows Tab.  In TV Shows tab it shows "Suggested" then "Latest" but under movies tab it shows "Latest" the "Suggested" tab...

For Me

For next up the show thumb has more meaning than the episode thumb in next up (im going for next up in show rather than choosing a specific episode of show)

For Latest, with grouped\collapsed episodes in shows ..show thumbs seems to be the only possible option (for 2 or more episodes).

I think Next up is the primary view for TV and latest is the primary view for movie media folder which is having new content added.

so the designer's defaults seem right to me...

diaz1510

Yeah I totally get the "Latest" reasoning for having a show thumb.  But I still prefered the screenshot of the episode in the "Suggested" tab over a show thumb.  Personal preference I guess.  But this kind of highlights my point...having the ability to select how we view that in order to personalize the MB experience even further would be an awesome touch...