Android and Chromecast connection issues

AshranPewter

AshranPewter

I can connect to my chromecast through the mediabrowser and then send media but If I turn my phone's screen off, it disconnects from the chromecast and then I can't connect to it. Things that work to get it back sort of is trying to reconnect using the chromecast button but after I do that, I can only maybe change the volume and that's it, no pausing, no changing the time, and most of the time the screen doesn't show any picture in the background telling me what I'm watching.

Netflix and Pandora both work, so I'm fairly certain it's not an issue with my chromecast.

Things I've done:

1. Turned off my 5GHz wifi
  2. Re-installed and deleted user data for mediabrowser
  3. Made sure my phone only does 2.4 Ghz
  4. Restarted Chromecast (through the chromecast app and by unplugging power for 10 min which should be unnecessary but I wanted to make sure)
  5. Restarted the server, I'm on the latest beta 3.0.5518.5
  6. Connected with the browser webapp and can't pause, stop, or change volume either
  7. Used both my Nexus 7 (older version) and Nexus 4
  8. Made sure wifi was turned to always on

Hopefully someone can help me, I've attached server log/transcode logs but not sure how to find the android logs as there is no folder on my sdcard that contains something like that even though I've enabled the debug log in the settings.

Thanks for any help!

server logs 2.txt

Transcode 1.txt

transcode 2.txt

Edited by AshranPewter

AshranPewter

So I might have found the solution. I do think it's still a bit weird that it only occurs with mediabrowser and not pandora/google music/netflix but that being said the fix was to turn off ap isolation on my router. Maybe some of the other things helped as well on my journey to fix it but for anyone that needs a solution, might try all the things I listed as well as my final solution here.

Cheers!