Correcting Identification of Artist does not take completely

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Version 3.0.5528.21734

\Music\Zombies, The..... was identified as "Give Zombies The Vote"

using identify function i corrected, and it partially took (website, overview and mbz id were updated)

however the name did not change and persisted in the nfo/dashboard even after a scan library task..

Screenshot%202015-02-19%2022.32.54.png

The appears to be a disconnect between nfo's and some "other" source that is correct and the authoritative source for the web. Check the web it may show correctly.

For example nfo must be super secret.

54e66aa21e101_nfo.png

Contents of nfo.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<artist>
  <biography>Kathryn Dawn Lang, OC (born November 2, 1961), known by her stage name k.d. lang, is a Canadian pop and country singer-songwriter and occasional actress. Lang has won both Juno Awards and Grammy Awards for her musical performances; hits include "Constant Craving" and "Miss Chatelaine". She has contributed songs to movie soundtracks and has teamed with musicians such as Roy Orbison, Tony Bennett, Elton John, Anne Murray and Jane Siberry. Lang is also known for being a vegan as well as an animal rights, gay rights, and Tibetan human rights activist. She is a tantric practitioner of the old school of Tibetan Buddhism. She performed Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" live at the opening ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. Previously, she had performed at the closing ceremony of the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. Lang possesses the vocal range of a mezzo-soprano.</biography>
  <outline>Kathryn Dawn Lang, OC (born November 2, 1961), known by her stage name k.d. lang, is a Canadian pop and country singer-songwriter and occasional actress. Lang has won both Juno Awards and Grammy Awards for her musical performances; hits include "Constant Craving" and "Miss Chatelaine". She has contributed songs to movie soundtracks and has teamed with musicians such as Roy Orbison, Tony Bennett, Elton John, Anne Murray and Jane Siberry. Lang is also known for being a vegan as well as an animal rights, gay rights, and Tibetan human rights activist. She is a tantric practitioner of the old school of Tibetan Buddhism. She performed Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" live at the opening ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. Previously, she had performed at the closing ceremony of the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. Lang possesses the vocal range of a mezzo-soprano.</outline>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2014-05-18 19:35:32</dateadded>
  <title>K. D</title>
  <originaltitle>K. D</originaltitle>
  <website>http://www.kdlang.com</website>
  <genre>Singer - Songwriter</genre>
  <audiodbartistid>115043</audiodbartistid>
  <musicbrainzartistid>675c1c5e-5625-4a5e-97a2-b02aab5db2fc</musicbrainzartistid>
  <album>
    <title>Ingénue</title>
    <year>1992</year>
  </album>
</artist>

One would think that with the above nfo the things would be display poorly, but check out the web.

54e66b918fab4_kd.png

I have no idea how it supposed to work.

ginjaninja

I wonder what part of what your describing is related to my reported issue...or wether you are reporting a separate issue?

To me the similarly is the nfo bears little resemblance to the supplied data. either your use of the identify or from your previous posts I assume that your tags are also accurate. Wouldn't one expect the metadata to be accurately written.

In my example the filenaming is accurate as well as the tagging. and for whatever reason the display in the web client, yet the nfo is incorrect.

Perhaps variations but bottom line metadata is not being handled consistently. I thought they were related, my apologies not trying to hijack or confuse your issue. 

ginjaninja

I know how i would like it work..i too would like to confirm..

For me the local artist nfo serves one function.

1. To ensure library rebuilds are fast and acurate. By having an nfo in '/music/The Zombies' or '/music/Zombies, The'..i am declaring the metadata and identification for the tag 'The Zombies'.

The meta data manager workflow is odd because i am operating on a set of folder paths in the music media folder...

but the path is shown as identified not as is...

but what i am really wanting to manipulate is the identification of the tag The Zombies (and store that id in the path).

So what am i actually manipulating when i select the object as identified rather than as is..and is this why the nfo in '/music/Zombies, The' is not updated?

In any case i would have wanted the nfo in the path that applies to the tag that i have just manually identified to be updated.

Am i right to have expected this functionality? Did i go about it the wrong way?

This is not the only area of the ui where there seems to be a confusion between as on filesystem (the source entity being edited/identified) and the as shown in ui (as previously identified)....eg duplicate artists and persons in artist and person views.

Edited by ginjaninja
  • Like 1