Sticky People

two wire

two wire

Hello. I have been editing movies deleting actors, writers, directors, etc, I don't want. Today,I was looking at the people list while in the metadata manager and discovered there were over 1000 names, most of whom I have never heard. I opened file manager and was browsing through the "ProgramData-server directory" and found a folder caled "People." I deleted all of the unwanted names in the "A" folder.and then did a people rescan; the names returned. Can someone tell me where these names are stored so I can get rid of them, once and for all.

Thanks

The list comes from the metadata of your media. To make actors go away, remove them from the movies or shows they appear in.

two wire

I delete actors through the Metadata Manager. I go through each movie and delete those people for which I have no interest. I then open Metadata Settings and lock the fields from changing.. This works when viewing the cast members.from a movie selection.

However, when selecting "movies" in the Metadata Manager, and then selecting the "People" tab, there appears hundreds of people I deleted previously.These are the ones I want to delete and I cannot find a way to do this.

click on the person you want to delete, see what videos they appear in. then go to those videos and remove that person.