trakt preventing a return to Media Center

MagicPinball

MagicPinball

I have just installed MB3 to my Win7 WMC htpc.

When I use MB3 Classic in WMC with the trakt plugin and play either a movie or tv show, I get a blank screen after the show is completed or stopped.  This happens 100% of the time.

When I disable (unchecking locations in MB3 server) in trakt configuration, then MB3 in WMC works fine.

I checked the dashboard at trakt.tv, and it does display the shows that I watch.  So that part works.

This appears to be a bug in this plugin when a show is complete or stopped.  Any fixes?

Redshirt

A MBC log would go a long way towards me figuring out what's wrong. I've only had one other user report this.

All the MBC trakt plugin does is show a ratings dialog after playback and that's the aspect that's failing. I don't think it has anything to do with the server plugin.

IcyBergals

I actually encountered this today.  I watched 3 episodes of a TV show and after every one I would be brought back to WMC with just a blue background and I'd have to click the Back/Return arrow in the upper left corner for it to return me to the screen it should have brought me to.  This was on my HTPC.  When I just tested it on my regular PC it brought me back to the proper screen and had a box asking me for my opinion on the episode and the option to rate it.  I'm about to eat dinner but in a couple hours I can start a fresh log and run through an episode on each computer if it would help.

Redshirt

I recommend people uninstall the trakt-classic plugin until I can work on this. I'll try to sort it out this weekend.

yardameus

I think I noticed this too, when I was having the opposite issue of the plugin no longer displaying the rating or context menu.  Related to the error involving not saving the config file?

smokey7722

Looks like I have this issue too.  If you need additional logs or troubleshooting please let me know as I would be more than happy to help resolve the issue.

yardameus

I know my last post in this thread was ever so helpful.....  But I found it odd that in my last log it said "Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations\Trakt-Classic.xml" amongst other things, even though there is a 0 kb file by that name.  It's things like this that remind me why I've never tried to learn how to code/program.  I'd never have the patience or knowledge to figure out some dumb little thing like this.  At least you don't have any other projects of a greater magnitude to keep you occupied.  :\

Redshirt

haha. I'm just glad that the server plugin isn't affected, that users are still getting site reporting. The only casualty is the ability to rate items from the client.

yardameus

Well, I think now it's more you can't not rate them.  Since your fix for my problem, it always pops up, but since it won't save our settings, it always pops up, even if it's unchecked. 

• 3 weeks later...
Zero_Kool

I recommend people uninstall the trakt-classic plugin until I can work on this. I'll try to sort it out this weekend.

I am experiencing the same issue with the plugin. I uncheck the option to show the rating screen and it still randomly will appear checked again and after I watch a show it "stalls at blue screen" til I can restart. I want to use trakt with MB3. Has this issue been resolved or what is the best course currently? Uninstall the plugin?

Redshirt

The server plugin is still functioning to share your watch activity with trakt.tv. The only thing the client provides so far is a rating dialog.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on it because I keep getting swamped with Android issues.

• Like 1

Zero_Kool

Thanks for the quick reply. So the server plugin I can leave installed and it will still update and report usage and I can uninstall the client plugin since I don't really need the client rating dialog - I can do that on mobile or the site. I assuming the underlined part correctly? 

• Like 2