Server Landing Pages

qbie

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone does something similar to me. On my HP Microserver in addition to MB3 I also have Sickbeard, CP and a few other apps installed, so I created a mini 'Portal' page with quick links to these apps and also various useful websites. This is its third iteration (It started out just as a list of links and has got gradually prettier over time!)

I used the CSS toolkit from http://metroui.org.ua/ to create the page.

Does anyone have a similar setup they'd like to share?

q

52797cad82052_portal.png

• Like 3

johnchimpo

Yeah, it's just running on the box in Apache and just links to all the various web apps that are installed.

Do you just have this available on your local network, or is it on the internet? I have a similar landing page just sitting on a personal domain, where the links are to the subdomain but actually redirect to my DynDNS address where the server determines which port to direct to based on the subdomain.

At the moment it's just running on the LAN, I could make it web accessible but I generally don't need to do any admin while I'm not at home.

I suppose primarily it's for the less technical users in the household to be able to quickly load SB and CP to add new media, but with quick links to things like Webmin for myself as well.