Unhandled Exception Protocol/Network address port errors

mbc0

Hi, I am receiving this error randomly and there is nothing in the log (the last entry can be absolutely anything) I might get the error once a day or once every couple of days...

I have completely removed all traces of mediabrowser and reinstalled, I am on Windows 7 and the latest best of Media Browser... I have to restart the service or application to recover as I have tried running as both...

Any pointers please?

54e3325abc526_Capture.jpg

Beardyname

means that either another program is trying to bind to the port you have specified for mediabrowser, or another instance of the mediabrowser is using that port already.

It's possible the service tries to start when you reboot the computer, and then either during a restart or if you start the app instance it fails like this. I can't really say for sure.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

The server is running 24/7 and this error can pop up at any time.......  how would I even begin to try and track this down? google is not my friend on this one!

Thank you

Hi ebr, 

The server is not restarting when this happens, I will capture the log next time but it never has any info as it will just be the last thing it was doing or no activity before the error..  I realise it is a windows error rather than a mbs one though... but I have to restart mbs to get everything running again (a real pain if out and about!) 

Cheers