Batch Create Primary Default Direct Play Compatable Audio Track

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

I am looking for advice on creating a direct play compatible audio track (keep original) for my dts/ac-3 mkvs.

the roku is attached direct to tv.

Suggestions on software, approach, format all welcome.

I will favour small size over high quality and ease of batch creation for entire library.

Thanks

You mean something like adding an AAC Stereo 256mbit audio track as the first track so you have a better chance of direct playing most files on any device?

What operating system are you running?

Carlo

ginjaninja

You mean something like adding an AAC Stereo 256mbit audio track as the first track so you have a better chance of direct playing most files on any device?

What operating system are you running?

Carlo

Win 7 SP1 64bit..

thank you..

I have something but I'm not sure if this will work for you or not but it's perfect for Rokus and general use.

It will take each of your media files and create an MP4 (if not mp4).  It will remove subtitles and create an SRT from them.  It will remove all non English audio tracks (can be configured).

It will then either transcode or remux your files depending on the video codec (wants h.264). It will preserve all english audio tracks and will create a 256mbit AAC stereo audio track as the first.

If this is something you want to try then shoot me a PM with your email address.

I'll zip up something I use that you can try on a copy of your files.  Once your satisfied it's working for you then just turn it loose on any parent folder and it will process every file it find in all sub folders.

Carlo

Cool, the super-de-duper all in one coverter can be yours for the low, low price of $299.

Wait, if you PM in the next 5 minutes you can have it for the lower price of $199.

If you are one of the first 50 people to respond via email you can...

I'll send it over to you also. :)

Latchmor

Hi @@cayars, can I ask, is it a small program you've made or scripts? I do a lot of manual ffmpeg trimming, stream stripping etc but I like messing about with the very basic vbs scripts I have. So i'd be interested to see what you have too please if that's ok! 

$1.99 on it's way... :ph34r:

Cayars, are you high? Who in their right mind would spend this for something so simple? This is a joke, right?

Anybody with moderate scripting skills can do this with ffmpeg themselves.

Latchmor

Cayars, are you high? Who in their right mind would spend this for something so simple? This is a joke, right?

Yes... I'm pretty sure he's joking  :wacko:

thefirstofthe300

Unless he decided to become an infomercial salesman, I am pretty sure he is joking.  :)  :D  :P

It's a modification of something someone else had done.  I semi-gutted it and change some stuff around to work the way I needed/wanted.

Let me clean it up, throw a few instructions together and try and remember the original source for credit.

I'll post it later.

Carlo

BTW, if we ever get QuickSync working correctly I was planning on putting a package together in c# that do a lot of this stuff plus more in a much cleaner manner.

• Like 1

ginjaninja

I have something but I'm not sure if this will work for you or not but it's perfect for Rokus and general use.

It will take each of your media files and create an MP4 (if not mp4).  It will remove subtitles and create an SRT from them.  It will remove all non English audio tracks (can be configured).

It will then either transcode or remux your files depending on the video codec (wants h.264). It will preserve all english audio tracks and will create a 256mbit AAC stereo audio track as the first.

If this is something you want to try then shoot me a PM with your email address.

I'll zip up something I use that you can try on a copy of your files.  Once your satisfied it's working for you then just turn it loose on any parent folder and it will process every file it find in all sub folders.

Carlo

Thank you Carlo,

i have some experience of using command line mkvmerge in batch (to demux streams and remux)..so i will try to rework the scripts/apps you have to stick with MKV.

Maybe you could publish your work on the tools and utilities page.looks like its very popular...

out of interest 256 Kbit sounds higher than necessary... have you found lower to be too much of a compromise or are you just not bothererd about size?

am also interested if anyone has something that will not change the mkv container already...

This is my nights project to clean this up.  I believe you can export as MKV also but since it's going to have to remux files anyway why not make the switch to MP4?

MP4 is supported natively on more devices then anything else and gets along with DLNA devices better.

Not to get up on a soap box or anything but I can't think of one valid reason what-so-ever to use MKV instead of MP4 in your libraries but can think of many reasons why MP4 is a better choice.

The files will convert over just fine with no features lost by switching from MKV.

Carlo

• Like 1

ginjaninja

This is my nights project to clean this up. I believe you can export as MKV also but since it's going to have to remux files anyway why not make the switch to MP4?

MP4 is supported natively on more devices then anything else and gets along with DLNA devices better.

Not to get up on a soap box or anything but I can't think of one valid reason what-so-ever to use MKV instead of MP4 in your libraries but can think of many reasons why MP4 is a better choice.

The files will convert over just fine with no features lost by switching from MKV.

Carlo

Thanks..any further thoughts on the bit rate....it is only for playing on a bog standard stereo tv.