Album\Artists ? Webui vs Clients (MBC and Win 8)

Vicpa

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with some artists correctly showing Albums in the clients MBC and Win 8.

It seems to be around Multiple artists and artists in IBN.

In the web

54e2481b23091_johnCaleWeb.png

In MBC

54e247feb3f55_johnCale.png

In Win 8

54e248bb96c0e_Screenshot27.png

One I was able to fix .José González Despite being taged correctly in Picard. (Spainish accent marks), was showing up in the webui and not Win8 or MBC. An artist Jose Gonzalez was created in IBN.

Folder structure

Jose Gonzalez

/album

tracks.

I renamed the folder José González, nuked the artist in IBN and refreshed. Mr. González is now correct in both clients.

How I "fix" Mr. Cale I have no idea. With the variation between web and clients I figure something else is going on.

Thanks.

If you edit him with the metadata manager does anything look interesting in there?  Like his name having a strange character in it (or maybe an extra space or something)?

thHi,

Checked it saved and refreshed. Didn't see anything unusual.

54e2689677034_jcale2.png

The underlying tags are the multiple artist thing that doesn't seem to be handled very well in the current server release. Previously posted about in the alpha area.

MediaInfo of one of the tracks.   mediaInfo.txt

Thanks, Let me know where and what else to check.

Edited by Vicpa

No

The album is in the Lou Reed folder.

The music folder

54e271e2e96ef_file.png

Album location

54e2720c829b4_file2.png

Thanks ebr for you help!

Okay, so he is tagged as an Artist on the Lou Reed album (or songs within it).

What are we looking at in that MBC screen shot?  i.e. exactly how did you arrive at that screen?

Yes, to the tagging.

In MBC John Cale shows up under both album artist and artist. Click on either one then you get No items. (Sorry no screen shot can't seem to capture it) The Win 8 app has only artists. Click on artist. Get the screen shot above. There should be an album showing above the meta data. 

Like I said problem is in both apps. (Thinking you are both using same view or api call or something. )

I like the new views in MBC. Consistency with other clients is good thing. Sure it is not a server thing? I posted it for 7, he must have thought I was crazy as well.

Thanks,

-Vicpa

Edit Checked a few more multiple artists albums. This is consistent behavior. Appear correct in web, not in MBC or Win8

Don't know if this is related.  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17945-change-in-picard-artist-id-tag/

Edited by Vicpa

I am using the canned views provided by the Server's interface which is targeted mostly at DLNA clients right now.  It would appear the problem is in those views.  @@Luke...

Thanks ebr, hope that gets changed or fixed. DLNA is a pretty low common denominator. Seems to defeat the purpose of having custom clients, besides it seems like already things are moving to RUI, like the Silicondust tuner folks.

-vicpa

• 2 weeks later...
Vicpa

Hi,

Bump. I am still having this problem. Is anyone else having issues or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.