MB Connect pin prompt when using WOL

inzombyac
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

inzombyac

I posted about this in the new beta thread, but wanted to post as a separate topic as it has been a new annoyance since updating to the 251 beta.  I generally have my MBS machine sleep when not streaming and utilize the WOL feature to wake it up when a client connects.  Since the beta, if the MBS server machine is asleep, I get the Connect pin prompt from MBC.  If I back out of MBC and give my server enough time to wake up, it works fine.  It seems that the client is not giving the server enough time to wake.  I get this same exact behavior with the Roku client as well.  

Here's a link to a log of a session where this happened if this helps:

I'm hoping that there can be an adjustment to give the server more time to wake up, or more intelligent processing in the client once the client has created a connection with the server.  The current behavior is confusing to my family and is different than before.  Previously, if the server took a long time to start, so did the client which was fine.

For now, I am resorting to using a custom WOL script on the client when it is started to wake the server before going into MBC.  This doesn't help other clients such as the Roku however.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how to deal with this without slowing down everyone necessarily and I haven't had time to do much investigation.

Please try it on the same machine as before.  That one is configured differently.  It is configured to find the server automatically instead of to connect to a specific one.

inzombyac

I tested the client remotely and it works now (and faster wake then before). Just need to confirm that the server machine is sleeping properly when I get back home.