Please make views toggle-able

politby

politby

I do not use MB for music. I do not have a music library location defined. Yet music shows up as a selectable view in all clients with no apparent way to turn it off.

I would really like to be able to disable unused views - I do not use Channels either.

Maybe I have overlooked an exsisting setting?

Edited by politby

Something in your library is being detected as Music if the Music view is showing up (or it is a recent bug).

politby

Something in your library is being detected as Music if the Music view is showing up (or it is a recent bug).

Okay... if I enter the view it is completely empty. No items shown. There are no audio files anywhere in my library, except for theme songs.

Would something like a stray mp3 file with proper tags cause this? But then it would show up as an item, no?

I was little too fast wen I said "all clients". I use Android, Windows 8.1, MBC and the web client. The music view appears in all of them except Android.

Version 3.0.5518.3

Edited by politby

politby

Turns out that my library of concert Blu-rays, which I have defined as type "music videos" ends up recognized as music and therefore enables the music view. Which is basically fine with me, and also logical.

Unfortunately this is where I think we have a bug. MBS correctly labels these as music videos and that is where they become visible in the web client, under music videos in the music view. But these are not CDs so they do not have ID tags and therefore no metadata is being populated. This causes MBC to present a completely empty music section - it does not have the music videos category in the music view.