Cover Art Thumb Treatment Issue

damian

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue I was wondering did anyone have the answer to. I have MB 3.0.5518.3512 and cover art 4.0.7.6. I have selected the "Sapphire" Treatment Style for Thumbs. It doesn't apply the treatment to all my thumbs. Does anyone know why this might happen. I have attached two example pictures, in them you will see some thumbs are treated and some are not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-19989-0-75142100-1424088578_thumb.png

post-19989-0-89616700-1424088619_thumb.png

The ones not treated are backdrops not thumbs because those items don't have thumb images.

Before you ask, no, sorry, CA can't treat backdrops :).

Hi Ebr thanks again for your help, this is the second time you've helped me and I very much am grateful.

In the example above I noticed old yellow didn't have the treatment so I looked in the folder and after your suggestion noticed there was no landscape.jpg. Once I created a landscape.jpg the treatment was indeed created for the thumb of the movie. Can I ask if media brwoser generates a thumb from the fanart when no landscape.jpg is present why can't cover art treat it as a thumb? The reason I ask is I copied the fanart picture and renamed the copy landscape.jpg and cover art then treated the same file with the treatment. Is there a reason why cover art doesn't apply the treatment to the fanart when landscape.jpg is missing?

The reason I ask is if there is no reason I will write a script that will look in each movie folder and if no landscape.jpg exists then copy the fanart if it does exist and rename the copy landscape.jpg.

Sorry if the the way I wrote it was confusing!  

The server won't automatically create a thumb from the backdrop but there would be nothing wrong with you writing a script to do so.  Just realize that you may never get a thumb for those items if/when they are created though.

• 2 months later...
Allan Cameron

I have just been creating my own missing thumbs in photoshop. I may start a thread sometime and share all the thumbs that I create to help others out. I find it funny that some of the newer more popular movies don't have thumbs but many older and obscure movies do. There is certainly not much of a balance lol.

Just gotta find a suitable place to start a thread. Maybe others will join me and we can build i nice thumb collection to help others fill they're missing images. I upload a lot of custom stuff I have done to TMDB, but there is nowhere to upload a thumb. Its all just poster and fanart. They also use a voting system on images which is how it's decided on what the default image is when you scrape your collection. Sometimes the worst posters and fanart are chosen as default and some are so bad I just shake my head and wonder if people are doing this on purpose Lol of course I always vote the best images to the top but sometimes that's not enough to set it to the number one spot for default.

Just a quick few of many i had to do.

post-532-0-78274500-1429892472_thumb.jpgpost-532-0-00298600-1429892481_thumb.jpgpost-532-0-55864800-1429892488_thumb.jpg

Edited by a1b2c3

Allan Cameron

Yes i may sometime. That would make more sence and allow everyone to access them. Would be a lot of work thou, i have done a few hundred missing images.