Are local trailers currently broken?

berrick
Go to solution Solved by berrick,

berrick

MB server Version 3.0.5518.3

IE 11

Are local trailers currently broken?

Just noticed whilst in metadat manager all my movies report no trailers. Which is in correct.

If I browse to a movie with a trailer and click the trailer link I just get an error "There was an error playing the video".

These trailers work OK if played indipendently. 

My trailers are stored in seperate folders as per the github https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Trailers

Beardyname

Mine are working, and the ones reporting that trailers are missing don't have any local trailers.

I am however not storing trailers in a folder below the main movie, but instead alongside (the first example in the wiki).

• Solution
berrick

Thanks for the reply.

In this case the problem was down to IE needing the WebM plugin installing even though the trailers are local and I DONT want to get trailers from the internet?

Beardyname

Thanks for the reply.

In this case the problem was down to IE needing the WebM plugin installing even though the trailers are local and I DONT want to get trailers from the internet?

webm is just for streaming though? even if you stream them from your server to your browser :) (I'm guessing the trailers are stored in .mkv containers or similair)

berrick

@@Beardyname thanks for the reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong but trailers used to play perfectly OK (mine are mp4) in IE without a plugin? From what I read the devs favour streaming trailers from the web. I guess for simplification of coding webm, being open source is the way to go whether the trailer is local or not.

Beardyname

@@Beardyname thanks for the reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong but trailers used to play perfectly OK (mine are mp4) in IE without a plugin? From what I read the devs favour streaming trailers from the web. I guess for simplification of coding webm, being open source is the way to go whether the trailer is local or not.

Honestly i have no idea :) totally depends on the codec and whatnot (also i don't use IE), but I'm betting you are kinda close with the assumption that webm is the new go-to thing for web :) You could try with chrome/ff and see if you get a different response, but i don't actually think the trailer is streaming from the web. but being converted on the server, in any case glad you solved your problem :)