Metadata Manager failing to get any metadata

slaman

Even though a new file is "detected", no meta-data is grabbed...  I found this in my logs:  Any ideas?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48960548/server-63559555200.txt

2015-02-15 00:45:59.2023 Error - App: Error in Nfo
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5490.2
Command line: C:\Users\slaman\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\slaman\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\slaman\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
System.Xml.XmlException
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
  at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
  at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Parsers.BaseNfoParser`1.Fetch(T item, List`1 userDataList, String metadataFile, XmlReaderSettings settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Parsers.BaseNfoParser`1.Fetch(T item, List`1 userDataList, String metadataFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Providers.BaseVideoNfoProvider`1.Fetch(LocalMetadataResult`1 result, String path, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Providers.BaseNfoProvider`1.<GetMetadata>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RefreshWithProviders>d__2a.MoveNext()

I don't think there is another application.  I used to run Media Center Master, but that hasn't been run since 2013... this is a brand new movie that I just added to my library.  Is there a way to force refresh of all meta-data and overwrite existing info?

where did you acquire this movie? we've seen this before and chances are it came along with an nfo already and so we used that as your metadata. that's why clicking refresh in the metadata manager populates it.

This happens with ANY movie I get...  Regardless of whether there is an .nfo file in the directory or not.  Those that do not have an .nfo file are not detected either.

Any suggestions?

For videos that you add that already have nfo's it is expected behavior.

For videos that you add that don't already have an nfo, post the server log the next time it happens.

Wow - it worked... so the trick is to never have an .nfo file in the same directory as an .mkv file?

Is there not a way to force MediaBrowser to ignore existing .nfo files?

Likewise, is there a way to "force metadata retrieval" or "retrieve subtitles" of a particular title from within MB Classic?

Edited by slaman

Wow - it worked... so the trick is to never have an .nfo file in the same directory as an .mkv file?

Is there not a way to force MediaBrowser to ignore existing .nfo files?

No, because, if an nfo is there we assume it is want you want respected.  If we ignored "existing" nfo files, we would never be able to read our own metadata (or anyone else's)...

Likewise, is there a way to "force metadata retrieval" or "retrieve subtitles" of a particular title from within MB Classic?

Ctl-R or the 'record' button.