Unable to add media folder

ShaRose

I wanted to test out MediaBrowser / Kodibuntu over my old setup of kodi running on windows, but for some reason after setting up and mounting my raid array it seems mediabrowser doesn't want to look at it: I'm unable to add it to any libraries, and it just doesn't seem to exist for it. Kodibuntu is based on lubuntu, and packages are all updated.

The array is mounted on /media/media/Media/Media (Don't ask why it's so many medias: For some reason, it's mounting the array (named Media) to /media/media/, and the media is in a subfolder of the array. Named Media.)

Here's a screenshot: It shows both the path in the file manager, the naming of movies (It's how I had it set up for Kodi: A folder with the movie's name and year of release, and in the folder that same filename), and me trying to add said path to a new library named Movies while it says it doesn't exist. Not sure what other information I need: I'm still new at this and I just spent a good few hours at this, and am now going on to work (I'd hoped to have it set up before I had to go, sadly).

O1Ny7sK.png

hamstercat

I'm having the same problem after updating to the latest server (3.0.5518.4). My server is under Linux Mint 17, and the server log is empty.

Well, at least it isn't just me. I also verified that if it's NOT going through the raid array, it's fine: I also mounted it in different locations. Interestingly, if I copy a few movies elsewhere, like /home/media/Movies, it can add and scrape that just fine. Ah, and to note both are formatted with ext4, the system and the array.

Edited by ShaRose

Beardyname

permissions perhaps? aka mediabrowser needs to be able to read from that location. (only thing i can think of where if you copy files to another location and suddenly it works)

• Like 1

permissions perhaps? aka mediabrowser needs to be able to read from that location. (only thing i can think of where if you copy files to another location and suddenly it works)

I set all permissions to anyone has access, so it shouldn't be that. Or at least that's what I was going to say, looking at them again seems /storage is set to owner only permissions even though everything else is set to everyone has access (/storage/media for example). And now it works. Now to get kodi to work with it...

hamstercat

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!

Beardyname

I set all permissions to anyone has access, so it shouldn't be that. Or at least that's what I was going to say, looking at them again seems /storage is set to owner only permissions even though everything else is set to everyone has access (/storage/media for example). And now it works. Now to get kodi to work with it...

that part is easier :) just go to the path-substituion thing in the web-client and set /xxx to \\xxx\xxx (verify from a machine that uses samba if the \\xxx part is correct :) )