Issues with beta 5518

d1gger

After installing, my "cartoons" folder, which had been under mixed content, was now displaying cartoon shows under my TV Shows now. I did not wish for this to happen as how I had it setup on the last official release build. 

Also, now instead of folder.jpg posters showing up for thumbnails under Movies, its now displaying screenshots from the movie instead. This does not matter if I have MB grabbing from a produced .xml file or if I have a movie folder with empty metadata and relying on MB to pull it up. Just as well, for some reason now, TV episodes, specifically now the episodes from my cartoon folder (mixed content) is now showing up under the Movies

Back to my mixed content Cartoon folder that I made... in previous official build, this folder appeared in my views, now it doesnt. Upon double checking "my views", it lists the Cartoon folder and ALSO has the checkmark ticked for it to display under "my views"... BUT... the Cartoon folder is not an option under "View order", at all.... Though it IS listed under "latest items" and currently I have it ticked, yet it is not displaying items that have been currently added and freshly scanned on the "Home" page under "latest media". Just the same for Cartoons folder not showing up under the "Home" pull out menu as well. 

The problem with this happening is, for my Cartoons folder, not every child folder is actually a "show", but maybe a mixed content sort of cartoons that do not fit any kind of "show" tvdb criteria and have a listing, thus my reasons for putting my desired Cartoon folder under mixed content type instead of TV.

After seeing this problem, I have done a complete rescan of media, all but for it to not fix itself. I feel this was a gross overlook of testing this build before throwing it out as beta to the "public", instead of wanting users to test the new features of sync and the newish eye candy. I would appreciate if your attention could address this issue and push out another build that is closer to a finished beta product or in an official release in near future.

Thanks

Let me clarify something a bit farther... under latest media, the only media from the Cartoons folder I have that is showing up are only the actual Cartoon Shows that fall under a tvdb listing. Any others do not show up under latest media. Which are the same Shows that are now showing up under TV that are from the Cartoon (mixed content) folder that I created. 

[edit] and yes, again, I do have the Cartoon folder ticked under "latest media"

[edit 2] I have also just noticed that a folder I have created as "Kids Movies", does not show up under "my views" when it too is also ticked to show. The "Kids Movies" is also a "mixed content" type library folder

[edit 3] However, I have a folder aptly named "Tech Videos" classified under "home movies". This DOES show under "my views". Though I have not tested this folder by adding any media to it to see if it also shows up under "latest media"

Maybe this will help in determining the issue at hand

Edited by d1gger

Happy2Play

Since you are using Mixed Content have you used the Metadata Manager to classify your content type of your parent folders?

This was a big change last month.

Edited by Happy2Play

Since you are using Mixed Content have you used the Metadata Manager to classify your content type of your parent folders?

No, never have had to do that. Anything that was/is in the mixed content, regardless of any xml/metadata, was not being displayed under TV, but only under the Cartoon. This kept all "cartoons" separate regardless if they were actual cartoon shows or not. If i'm following you correctly, are you pointing in the direction of "locked content"? If so, this was never needed, even though of was aware of this.

But this does not explain why now the cartoon episodes that are NOT showing up under TV, that actually are not "shows" with a tvdb, are NOW showing up under Movies as individual movies

Happy2Play

This is just an example but depending on your folder structure you need to set parent folder content type.  Movies are usually fine but TV content has to be classified at parent folder level.

54df27badc3be_contenttype.png

I would go into this thinking, if I dont classify the parent folder and its content as NOT being movies or NOT being TV, they would not show up in either. Just as my "tech videos" folder, classified type as "home videos" would and so far it appears them as NOT displaying under either TV or Movies. But here again, this other issue of Kids Movies "view" is also itself not showing up "my views", but under Movies they are being displayed. I noticed this change with the previous official build, but I was both too busy and not bothered as much with this at the current time with it happening like this, but this is truly not wanted either. But I can understand why it is, given that I have classified the Kids Movies as Movies. So i chalked that up that reasoning and was going to put a "bandaid" on it later

This is just an example but depending on your folder structure you need to set parent folder content type.  Movies are usually fine but TV content has to be classified at parent folder level.

54df27badc3be_contenttype.png

Understood. Yes, everything under parent is inherit for the children of the Cartoon folder. But the 2nd fold of this problem is, the Cartoon is not being displayed under "my views". So, as in the previous official build, it was. Now, the only access to cartoons that are not "shows", the only way to access them is to use "folder" now, or as in my other problem, digging thru the Movies and finding them there as of now

Happy2Play

Sorry you need to change the content type for your Cartoons folder to TV, as long as the series folder are underneath your Cartoons folder.

If not please list your folder structure.

Sorry you need to change the content type for your Cartoons folder to TV, as long as the series folder are underneath your Cartoons folder.

If not please list your folder structure.

But I dont want it to be used as TV because doing so on the previous official, listed the cartoons under TV along with other regular TV shows. For this very reason and my own preference, I had to move shows like family guy and the simpsons from my cartoon folder and put them in my TV folder in order for things to be displayed correctly without throwing ALL of the cartoons in with the TV

Happy2Play

If you want separate view for your folders you need to ungroup/uncheck them as the footnotes says in My View.

If you want separate view for your folders you need to ungroup/uncheck them as the footnotes says in My View.

No, you are not understanding. I want them to have their own view. I want a separate TV and a separate Cartoons. Currently, as per my screenshots, you can see that Cartoons is ticked under "my views"... BUT... under NOW after beta install, the Cartoons is not listed under view order. Why is this? I think that small problem, is the canary in the mine

Ok, nevermind. I now read that differently. The confusion lies to where this was checked in previous official build, but yet the Cartoons did in fact show up separate

Happy2Play

Ok, nevermind. I now read that differently. The confusion lies to where this was checked in previous official build, but yet the Cartoons did in fact show up separate

It may have depending on the content type it was before.

SO, ok, now that I am understanding the foot note, as now with this beta it is actually being used as its intended... why does the Cartoons and Kids Movies not show up under my views, or view order? What would be the purpose for me separating them in first place with the thought in mind to have them displayed as separate?

It may have depending on the content type it was before.

Nothing has changed as far as the content type. Went straight from how it was being displayed from the latest official build to the 5518 beta

Happy2Play

Unless you haven't updated in awhile the current Official release has these changes (3.0.5490.2).

Ok, I believe that small thing was a HUGE difference and ultimately being the fix and the difference in how my understandings of how MB behaved and wanted things. Now that small step, which is actually better now that I see it at work, is a big thing for us that have been using MB for a long time. Maybe i'm just getting old and set in my MB ways and this small thing really threw me for a loop. This small step/fix has also corrected the issue of having other random cartoons episodes from showing up under Movies as well

Unless you haven't updated in awhile the current Official release has these changes (3.0.5490.2).

Hmm... no, I always kept auto update on for official releases and official only. Up till now with experimenting with this beta, I had not ran into this being an issue like i have ran into today. But, I do like the change now, now that I understand the change and what that small change was. Knowing is half the battle right

Edited by d1gger