MB Server - Music, folder view doesn't work, Web browser

berrick

berrick

Hi,

When viewing music in a web browser via the folder link I see the top most folders but when I click them it doesn't display the folders under them.

Doing the same thing in MB Theatre works as expected.

TY

Happy2Play

What do you mean?  What server version? What browser?

I get the same view in Firefox 35.0.1 and MBT.

Version 3.0.5518.3

Folders-Music-Artist-Album

54df1c606a112_FoldersMusic.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

berrick

MB Version 3.0.5518.2

Same result using IE11 or Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116

Web browser showing folders

54df52900a3d2_Folders1.jpg

Browser after clicking Music

54df52d2ca882_music1.jpg

Browser after clicking n-r

54df52f1f0ed5_folder2.jpg

MB theater following the same route displays ablums as I expect

54df532433ed2_music2.jpg

fraenhawk

Did you manually make those subfolders for your music? N-R, Christmas, Compilationz, etc? If so, my guess is that you need to turn off Inherit for each of them in the metadata and force them to music. There have been numerous threads on here since they added that option (and took out mixed). For instance, a TV library assumes that the next level deep folders will be names of TV series. People who have a subfolder in-between the root and the actual series have needed to choose what the subfolder contains. Leads me to believe music would work the same and you need to go to each of your subfolders and change that to music. It's right under the Save and Refresh buttons, Content Type.

berrick

@@fraenhawk thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty certian I have always had this problem, only just mentioned it as I now use MB as the main app for playing music.

I don't have an option to turn off inherit as there isn't an option to set content type, apart from those folders under my TV series folder

Edited by berrick

fraenhawk

Okay, you're right. I just assumed it was the same problem, but music subfolders do not offer that option. I even took an artist and moved it into a newly created subfolder and rescanned just to see what it does and I don't have a problem in the web interface.

Do you have any artists not in a subfolder? I'm not sure how you have your library configured on the library screen, but I'm wondering if you're configured like the below, you might need to add have each subfolder referenced instead? Good luck

54e3482f54eb8_mlib.jpg

fraenhawk

And just to continue the experiment, I wanted to make sure it wasn't just from only adding one artist/album so I copied some more to my subfolder and could still access them. However, I did notice that there seems to be some database caching going on even after a full scan. The artists I moved to the subfolder no longer show images and when I click edit on them, it takes me to the old folder location (off the root of music) in the metadata manager and doesn't highlight any entries (because it's not there to highlight). If I manually browse into the subfolder the artist is there. The music plays correctly though...

I've reported other problems regarding suspected problems with music and caching before, but this is the first time I could easily see the results. Have you always had your music organized this way? If not I wonder if anything similar is happening.

• 3 weeks later...