Web App Views Questions

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I hope I can explain what I am trying to do well enough here.

Currently, when I select a tile from within the Web App, say TV Shows, the next page always automatically lands me on the "Suggested" tab. I then have to move over to the right to the "Shows" tab to enter the screen for my TV Shows.

Is there anyway to change this in preferences to land on the "Shows" tab automatically? I went into preferences but I don't see any way to change this aspect.

Is this possible to change this or if not, can I make this a feature request?

I also notice that left/right/up/down keyboard functions don't work in the web app. Will this ever be added in?

-Jason

Beardyname

hello :)

as of now i don't think this is configurable, and i do believe someone has made a feature request for it, (if not go ahead and do it).

I could recommend using a bookmark to get you to the shows page, but i'd be more interested to hear why you don't use the "recommended" tab tbh :)

I use it all the time, the only time i visit "shows" is when i want to start with a new tv-series!

anyway, config is king so if you do go ahead and make a request for it i'll +1 it :)

jasonmcroy

Thanks for your response!

I have never tried to use the recommended section tbh. :) I may check it out and see if I can find it useful. I usually just go to whatever series I am watching and select the next unwatched show after it's recorded and sorted.

-Jason

CashMoney

With the changes to MBC especially, I think this could be quite useful. Being able to dictate which views come first within a library will reduce the amount of clicks/remote button presses. Make it a feature request and I'll support it. :D

Edited by CashMoney

Beardyname

Thanks for your response!

I have never tried to use the recommended section tbh. :) I may check it out and see if I can find it useful. I usually just go to whatever series I am watching and select the next unwatched show after it's recorded and sorted.

-Jason

that's the point of "next up" :)

It shows you the next up episode from all the shows you have started watching, usually saves you a few clicks!

only time i venture into the shows section is when i'm starting a whole new show i have yet to start watching.

Edited by Beardyname

jasonmcroy

So, I just made a feature request in the feature request forum. If you have read this section and would like to see this added go on over and hit like on my first post!

-Jason

Vidman

So, I just made a feature request in the feature request forum. If you have read this section and would like to see this added go on over and hit like on my first post!

-Jason

This has already been requested a number of times already

So i might be better if you hit like on them instead; )

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17064-Changing-HOME-tabs

Orhttp://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10783-Web-client-to-remember-"Tab"

Orhttp://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13667-Change-TV-and-Movies-URL-links

Edited by Vidman