Selecting different audio sources

magicc8ball
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

magicc8ball

So most of the time when I am ripping my blu rays and dvd's I put 5.1 and 2 channel audio. I have been looking at MBC and I cannot find a way to switch between audio sources. After reading different topics I still have not found my answer. I have heard of LAV's but will that allow me to select an audio source from within movie?

If anyone can just point me to the right post then great.

If you use LAV, you can use the tray menu to switch between audio while the item is playing.  That isn't very remote friendly but I'm afraid WMC was just never really designed to play back these types of things.

If you want an easier way to switch in the program you can look into installing some 3rd-party programs that allow you to do this (if you search about subtitles those programs will handle audio as well) but that will require a bit more complex setup.

• Like 1

magicc8ball

If you use LAV, you can use the tray menu to switch between audio while the item is playing.  That isn't very remote friendly but I'm afraid WMC was just never really designed to play back these types of things.

If you want an easier way to switch in the program you can look into installing some 3rd-party programs that allow you to do this (if you search about subtitles those programs will handle audio as well) but that will require a bit more complex setup.

Do you have a good LAV tutorial that you recommend? 

What are the 3rd party programs? 

• Solution

You don't need much of a tutorial with LAV which is why I recommend it.  Install it and you're pretty much done - save maybe selecting some default subtitle settings and such.

Look in the KB section out here for the topic on subtitles with MBC.  That will be the same stuff that handles audio switching.

• Like 1