FireTV slow to list any content

andygjones

andygjones

Hi

Was wondering if anyone can help. I'm trying to move over from Plex to Mediabrowser. I have a fire TV with Kodi 14.1 and Mediabrowser 0.9.770 installed. When I go into movies, tv shows etc it takes a long time to show any content. At first I thought it wasn't working as while it loads it just has a blank screen with 0 items total but have today realised if I leave it for 10-20 seconds it shows up. Is there anything I can do to improve this or is this a FireTV hardware speed limitation? I have around 300 movies in my library and have the FireTV connected via wired ethernet.

Thanks

Andy

marcelveldt

It should only take a longer time when you first load the list after starting Kodi.

After that it has to be more faster opening the list.

BTW: The XBMB3C plugin is using python code to parse the content from the MediaBrowser server.

That just isn't fast on low spec devices but we're making a lot of progress in speeding things up to the max.

andygjones

Thanks for the tip but that's already enabled. I also get some frame drops/buffering playing full HD content. Browsing the library and and playing high def seems to work fine with Plextbmc on the FireTV so guess I'll have to stick to that for now. Shame as would love to switch but maybe will in the future if things improve or I can figure out any other issues with my setup.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Andy

xnappo

Are you using the beta?  As far as dropped frames - that sounds like you may not have the network set up correctly and it is transcoding.