Immediate failure of Auto-Organize

ColaGuy82

ColaGuy82

I have been running into a problem for the last week or so. The Auto-Organize has stopped working, and nothing had changed on the computer. I started looking into it and trying to fix it, but nothing I did work. Every time I would run it, it would fail immediately and do nothing. I tried updating to the beta version, and still nothing.

Here is the log:

2015-02-13 13:22:37.8672 Info - App: Executing Organize new media files
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8672 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 0 ms.
Url: http://localhost:8096/ScheduledTasks/Running/415f8db75e909cdef2a3da79d1e2c636
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8672 Info - App: Sorting file D:\MediaBroswer Watch\To Catch a Smuggler.s1e3.Hidden Heroin.m4v
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8672 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&_=1423862542963
Ip: 127.0.0.1:56049. Headers: Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Dashboard", Device="Internet Explorer 11.0", DeviceId="3143dc460ddc507804b09c1d318662de5878480e", Version="3.0.5518.2", UserId="d346910290dfc268bdf2c915f879ab89",Accept=application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01,X-MediaBrowser-Token=e22cec85513a4ef4b826484b33bde917,Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko,Host=localhost:8096,DNT=1,Connection=Keep-Alive
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8672 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 0 ms.
Url: http://localhost:8096/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&_=1423862542963
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8828 Debug - App: Extracted information from D:\MediaBroswer Watch\To Catch a Smuggler.s1e3.Hidden Heroin.m4v. Series name To Catch a Smuggler, Season 1, Episode 3
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8828 Info - App: Sorting file D:\MediaBroswer Watch\To Catch a Smuggler.s1e3.Hidden Heroin.m4v into series \\10.10.52.5\tv shows\To Catch a Smuggler
2015-02-13 13:22:37.8828 Error - App: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5518.2
Command line: C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: filename
System.ArgumentNullException
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.IO.CommonFileSystem.GetValidFilename(String filename)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.EpisodeFileOrganizer.GetEpisodeFileName(String sourcePath, String seriesName, Int32 seasonNumber, Int32 episodeNumber, Nullable`1 endingEpisodeNumber, String episodeTitle, TvFileOrganizationOptions options)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.EpisodeFileOrganizer.<GetNewPath>d__2d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.EpisodeFileOrganizer.<OrganizeEpisode>d__12.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.EpisodeFileOrganizer.<OrganizeEpisodeFile>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.TvFolderOrganizer.<Organize>d__9.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.OrganizerScheduledTask.<Execute>d__0.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<>c__DisplayClass14.<<ExecuteTask>b__13>d__16.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__b.MoveNext()

2015-02-13 13:22:37.8828 Info - App: Organize new media files Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 second

Any ideas?

CashMoney

Probably not your problem, but are you sure the watched folder is correct as it's mispelt in your log? 

D:\MediaBroswer

If you typed it into the plugin, could be as simple as that.

The Baron

Would you have a mixed folder in use?

If so, you might need to check the folder types. In other words, are there are folders in the Metadata Manager that should be set to TV?

Normally, if the Auto-Organize process fails, if all is otherwise well, it is because the process does not know what show the episode belongs to.,, or that episode already exists.

If you go into the Auto-Organize section, does it show the name of the file you tried to organize? If so, if you hit the manual organize button, do you get the list of TV shows in the system.

Are there any strange entries there, for example, the names of media folders? If so, you will need to set the folder type to the correct version for those folders.

ColaGuy82

I did not notice I had it miss spelled ;)

I pointed to it using the UI.

The TV folder is a TV folder, not mixed or any other category.

Check to make sure that the auto organize option is actually enabled under "auto-organize" on the side panel of the server. It could have disabled itself during the recent beta release. It did for me.

That would make the task fail.

Also clear out the monitored folder. There maybe empty folders or movie files stuck in your monitored folder which can not be sorted, this will also cause the task to fail.

Edited by chef

ColaGuy82

It is enabled, and all the settings are correct. I have verified I have admin access and my system has admin access to both the "watch" folder and my TV folders. I was having this issue before upgrading to beta, and was hoping going to the beta would fix it. I just rebuilt the whole system, and both the current build and the beta are doing the same thing with a fresh build.