Episode Thumbnails no Longer in Metadata subfolder?

jhoff80
Go to solution Solved by DarWun,

jhoff80

It appears that starting with 5518, when set to save metadata into media folders, episode thumbnails no longer save in the metadata subfolder.  (If it matters, I use the Media Browser XML format and not NFO format).

They instead are stored in the main season folder with -thumb.jpg appended onto it.  Is this intended?  And if so, is it necessary?  (I mean I'd assume it was changed for a reason, I just don't know what that would be.)  Over time, that'll really end up cluttering things up.

To give a real world example of what this means, because I'm not sure I'm explaining it clearly... episode 5 was before the change, episode 6 after.

Season 6
|   6x05 - Vision Quest.mkv
|   6x06 - Sitting.mkv
|   6x06 - Sitting-thumb.jpg
|   metadata
       |   6x05 - Vision Quest.jpg
       |   6x05 - Vision Quest.xml
       |   6x06 - Sitting.xml

Edited by jhoff80

jhoff80

Anyone?  I'd really like to know if this is intentional before I end up with the wrong files to correct in all of my folders.

Edited by jhoff80

• Solution
DarWun

Anyone?  I'd really like to know if this is intentional before I end up with the wrong files to correct in all of my folders.

I think this is related to something I had asked about in the following post:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17561-standard-mb2mb3-image-saving-convention/

Luke pointed me towards a ImageSavingConvention switch in system.xml.  By setting it to "Legacy" instead of "Compatible", the episode images will once again be saved in the metadata folder instead of in the main season folder.

• Like 1

jhoff80

Now that you say that, that explains everything.  I now remember that previously I had set my image saving to MB2/MB3, and my settings were partially reset recently due to a bug.  So, that setting not being exposed anymore meant I couldn't change it to what I had it as before (and I completely forgot about it).

I changed it in the system.xml and now it's saving how I prefer again.  Thanks.