mriksman

Hi, 

My shows are named as 

arrow.313.hdtv-lol.mp4

However, it says that it is Unable to Identify Series Name

If I rename it to 

arrow.s03e13.hdtv-lol.mp4

it works fine.

The wiki says it supports TV Show names with this kind of season/episode naming scheme, so how come this isn't working?

some of our regex expressions don't support extracting the series name, and the first one falls into that. it will be improved in a future release.

I doubt its unable to parse series name. That part is clearly identifiable. The part of the regex which catches season and episode isn't match. This causes the entire regex to fail and not identify the series.

([0-9]{1,2})([0-9]{2,3}) is the regex required to catch season and episode. If not [sS]([0-9]{1,2})[eE]([0-9]{2,3}) that is.

Combined into:

(?:[sS]([0-9]{1,2})[eE]([0-9]{2,3})|([0-9]{1,2})([0-9]{2,3}))

Edited by speechles

pseudoheld

had exactly the same issue.

atm im using a workaround with filebot renaming all my files to something mediabrowser can handle and then letting MB do the sorting

heres my solution:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17816-understanding-adding-new-content/?p=173451

aparently the issue is, that animas such as bleech (or sth like that) use a continued numbering. for example

bleech.301.mp4 is not bleech s03e01 but bleech episode number 301!

filebot is smart enough to detect if its an anime or a normal series so yeah i'd run that setup until support gets added.

Here is another thread on the issue where the devs get into the "why not" part a bit more:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16605-auto-organize-episode-detection-for-more-formats/

Edited by pseudoheld