Migrating to a new hard drive & OS, how to transfer settings?

davesurfer

davesurfer

Hi! My OS hard drive was starting to fail on my HTPC and Windows wouldn't boot any more. I can seem to access files from it when I hook it up to another computer still though. I'm going to be putting a new hard drive in my system and re-installing everything again. Is there a way to copy files from the old drive that has all the settings for the MediaBrowser server and MPC so I don't have to tweak and set up everything again? Thanks for any help!! :)

yardameus

I would assume copy the whole folder from username/appdata/Media Browser Server, but I'm not certain what exact files you would need.  I was gonna use the transfer settings plugin, but that won't work if you can boot into windows.  Others here will surely be able to help you more.  I would definitely say to at least get your Images by name folder.

davesurfer

:( Ok, since I can't boot the computer I don't know where the program data folder is. Can you tell me the folder? I looked in the hidden c:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser folder but it only displays these folders (see image), not the folders that are specified in the instructions. Is it in the User\Appdata\Roaming or something? THanks!

54df7412c2e1e_wp_20150214_09_09_14_raw.j

davesurfer

:( Ok, since I can't boot the computer I don't know where the program data folder is. Can you tell me the folder? I looked in the hidden c:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser folder but it only displays these folders (see image), not the folders that are specified in the instructions. Is it in the User\Appdata\Roaming or something? THanks!

54df7412c2e1e_wp_20150214_09_09_14_raw.j

Never mind, found them in the appdata\roaming thanks. Is there stuff I need for the media browser classic?

yardameus

The only MBC things are just settings and the like, unless you have custom styles.  Would probably be best just to save the mbc folder as well, then at least you have it if you realize there was something you need.