Blu Ray out of Sync

Don

This may not be an MB3 issue but it's one that has me stumped.

I have recently started to upgrade my movie collection with Blu-Rays. I am using DVDFab. I am currently ripping to folders because that has always worked fine for my DVD's.

My ripped movies all play fine on 2 of my HTPC's but the third is about 5 seconds out of sync. The only difference with the third is, that is the only Windows 8 machine that I have. The other two are running Windows 7. Also, some (but not all) of my BRR's I can play fine using the built in video player on the Win8 box but definitely not in WMC/MB Classic.

So, my question is; whether this problem is an WMC issue in Windows 8 or an MB issue with Windows 8 or is it something I'm doing wrong with the rips altogether.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

WMC is not going to ever play BD rips completely reliably.  I suggest you rip them to a different container such as mkv or even m2ts.

crashkelly

I just finished re-ripping my BD collection to MKV and it is great, and best of all, playback is greatly simplified :D

I used MakeMKV and MakeMKVBatchConverter for the whole process

For whatever reason I cannot post the link to MakeMKVBatchConverter but I am sure if you search the forum for it you will fing the link. It is in General Discussion under a Blu-Ray to MKV 1:1 thread

Cheers

Edited by crashkelly