Windows 7 issues

Paddyboon1

Paddyboon1

Hi everyone I really new to hole media browser thing so please be patient with me.  I am just wondering if anyone can help me, I having some serious issue with media browser server, when I add my tv shows file to be scanned windows freezes and I have got to do a hard re start, this only happens with this file and media browser. I can play the files through vlc with no issues what so ever so ndon't think there is any issues with the disk itself or windows as everything else works absolutely fine, anybody any ideas?

Also when I go into the plugins catalog I can only see very limited options for themes and so on, is there anyway that I can see all of the themes and other plug ins available?

Please provide a log but a "hard freeze" would usually indicate a hardware or other low-level problem in the system.

The plug-in catalog has everything that is available.  There are tabs at the top though to switch between server plug-ins and client plug-ins (like themes for MBC).

How to Report a Problem

Koleckai Silvestri

A file scan within the server can use a lot of system resources. Especially if installed on underpowered clients that many people seem to prefer for media clients. This can create reduced performance on the machine and make it seem like it is freezing. You can reduce the resources required by in checking chapter image creation in the metadata options of the server.

Paddyboon1

Thanks so much for your help, it was a device issue. The 2tb hard drive that I had my media files on had some corrupt/bad sectors on it. I have now solved it after many many hours of toil.

I still am not able to get more theme through plugins though, the theme that I particularly after is Aztec (It looks visually pretty great and has from what I have seen some really good features) If some one could direct me to way of finding this I would be really grateful.

Thanks

The Aztec theme has been removed from the catalogue due to the developer not doing any work on it anymore.in fact it got left behind with all the improvements to Mediabrowser.

Edited by Yogi

Try Chocolate,Xenon or Square,they are all great themes. Subdued is pretty slick as well with some great options to customise how you want things.