Serve up unique ICON sets for different clients

ddjackso

ddjackso

I wasn't sure if this should go in the client feature request or server feature request.  I thought this would probably have to be carried out on the server side so I'm listing it here.

I would be nice if based on the client requesting the feed from the server it could serve up different icon sets.  

Explanation:  If I have a set of icons for say Genre and they have a transparent background, they look great on the Classic interface.  I assume the Theater client will too.  But if I use the same set for say Roku, then the transparent background is not supported and looks odd.  I have made a set that looks good on the Roku by matching the background color of the Roku client, but then it looks odd on the Classic client. 

Please let me know if you need a more thorough explanation.

Thanks

Dave

Most of the fields now allow you to use transparent images. Genre maybe an exception at the moment. I know some screens will always not allow you to do that because they don't look good at all, but genre is probably one that could use the new fake transparency (it basically does what you are doing with the background color matching the color of the screen background). I'll fix that for genre in a future update.