Windows 10 Crashes

GTiceman

GTiceman

Hey all,

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place but I wanted to say that I have been using Windows 10 on a few different devices and the app usually works great.  However, my Surface Pro 3 just started crashing randomly, when using or not using the app.  The SP3 is on W10 and it seems now that I have removed the app, things are running smooth again.  Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.  

7illusions

Let's just say that if the app makes Win10 crash, I would say that MS has a problem, we don't. :)

MS will gett the errors from you and they wil fix it..

GTiceman

Let's just say that if the app makes Win10 crash, I would say that MS has a problem, we don't. :)

MS will gett the errors from you and they wil fix it..

Well obviously there are some issues on the Windows 10 side.  My other system, my HTPC just started having similar crashes.  I think it might be something with when MB App is running in the background.  The reason for this thread was not to point fingers but to see if others had this issue.  The app seems to having varying life on different set-ups.  I am also volunteering to test any alpha builds. 

Deathsquirrel

The crash was occurring when the app wasn't even open.  Something to do with app validation as it always happened shortly after trying to validate the app with the store.  A number of apps were failing that validation but only the MB app triggered the resulting UI crash and forced a reboot.  Uninstalling the app solved the crashes but now I have to use the web UI or MBT on my surface pro 3.

GTiceman

The crash was occurring when the app wasn't even open.  Something to do with app validation as it always happened shortly after trying to validate the app with the store.  A number of apps were failing that validation but only the MB app triggered the resulting UI crash and forced a reboot.  Uninstalling the app solved the crashes but now I have to use the web UI or MBT on my surface pro 3.

Might be the same issue I was having.  The app didn't need to be open when the crash happens.  I was using the app and it crashed and when it wasn't running the same thing.