Set Syncbitrate for Firefox/Chrome

Silvermane

Silvermane

Hi, long time XBMC/Kodi user who recently discovered MB3 here :)

I knew of your existence much longer of course but never really saw the need to add MB to the mix... until I saw your awesome DLNA abilities of course (amongst other things) :D

Anyway, here goes my question:

after getting Flac direct streaming to my Onkyo receiver configured (works aces!), I was wondering if transcoding for browser based playback could be made any better. I've been digging around the forum extensively but have been unable to come up with the answer and have not yet been able to set a new DLNA profile that would match Firefox/Chrome requirements.

I know that Firefox/Chrome do not support FLAC of course, which is why direct stream will not work in this case, but I have been unable to set transcoding to WAV/LPCM or 320Kbit MP3 or OGG which would be the next best thing. For some reason the transcode always reverts back to the default -ab 128000 mp3 switch for ffmpeg instead of the 320000 that I've tried to force or the wav/LPCM transcode option that I tried to set.

Is there a default, non-user adjustable setting that you are using for ffmpeg transcodes to the web client that limits transcoding to 128Kbit streams? I hope not of course, so if not, please provide me with some insight into getting this working ;)

Many thanks in advance! Love what I'm seeing from MB3 so far in any case!!!

Silvermane

Hi Luke, thx for the reply. Should have asked the question sooner since I was digging around for a solution so long yesterday :)

It's unfortunate though that it is not adjustable for the time being. I have my B&W P7 headphones on in the office a lot of the time and it would be awesome to be able to use the browser over wifi while streaming my home collection in uncompressed or good quality ogg/mp3!

Do you have any idea if this will be in the cards anytime soon? I'm happy to upgrade to a new beta or even dev release to play around with this.

mikeferr82

Yeah, I've been wanting this option for a while now myself. What I do on windows is open C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts\mediaplayer.js, find "audioBitrate: 128000" & change it to "audioBitrate: 320000". Then save the file & clear your browser cache!