Playback of SD material matted

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

I could have sworn there was a topic or three about this somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it now using the search bar. It seems that my playback of DVD content (720 x 480) now feels the need to be played back on a matted screen, with the black border all the way around instead of just increasing to fill the screen on full screen mode. Where/how do I correct this behaviour?

Deathsquirrel

You may want to post in the relevant client app forum or, if this is with the web client, provide more details on the media you're playing.  This doesn't happen to me with the wb client or the 8.1 app.

Probably a non-anamorphic DVD so whatever client app you are using (or the display device itself) is going to have to be able to zoom it.

Deathsquirrel

Some MBT users encountered this with specific containers.  There are a couple of threads on it.  That's why I suggested checking the relevant client forum.

TolkienBard

This was through the web client and also through the Win 8.1 app. It may have been in the MBT forums that I saw this issue earlier. I didn't think to look there since it's been a while since I have used MBT. I'm awaiting the new overhaul before i go back to using it, as I was having too many stability issues. I'll have to check and see if the problem persists using the Samsung app as well. 

The reason I posted here is the experience was initially experienced in the web client. The 8.1 app came next. Being cross-platform I didn't think the issue was client specific. 

@@ebr is probably right though, in which case I am going to be stuck for a while until (if ever) the remaster the movies for BD. Somehow, I doubt that is ever going to happen for some of my movies. Besides, upgrading the entire library to BD would get prohibitively expensive in a hurry.