Shortcuts to Folders Does Not Work In A Collection

cybrsage

cybrsage

Shortcuts to folders do not work in my collections.  In MB2.6 they work just fine, but not in MB3. This is huge since my movies are spread out over a couple of HDDs and about half my movies are non-categorized so they fall into the "Other Movies" collection.  All my shortcuts point to drive letters.

In MB2.6, I use the following for my "Other Movies" collection and it does not work in MB3:

M:\DVD\Movies\Shortcut to What Dreams May Come (actual folder is located on the N:\ drive)
M:\DVD\Movies\Shortcut to 21 (actual folder is located on the O:\ drive)
M:\DVD\Movies\Shortcut to Arlington Road (actual folder is on the S:\ drive)

In MB2.6 the collection would populate with the movies, in MB3 it is an empty collection.  I would like MB3 to use shortcuts like MB2.6 does.

mboehler

Shortcuts to folders do not work in my collections.  In MB2.6 they work just fine, but not in MB3. This is huge since my movies are spread out over a couple of HDDs and about half my movies are non-categorized so they fall into the "Other Movies" collection.  All my shortcuts point to drive letters.

In MB2.6, I use the following for my "Other Movies" collection and it does not work in MB3:

M:\DVD\Movies\Shortcut to What Dreams May Come (actual folder is located on the N:\ drive)

M:\DVD\Movies\Shortcut to 21 (actual folder is located on the O:\ drive)

M:\DVD\Movies\Shortcut to Arlington Road (actual folder is on the S:\ drive)

In MB2.6 the collection would populate with the movies, in MB3 it is an empty collection.  I would like MB3 to use shortcuts like MB2.6 does.

Hi!

Please see this thread.  Also, the search function on this forum works MUCH better than on the previous CT.  Please give it a try!

Edited by mboehler

Hi!

Please see this thread.  Also, the search function on this forum works MUCH better than on the previous CT.  Please give it a try!

Right. He knows about the currently functionality, however he's requesting that we remove the restriction that the shortcut paths must be identical to the paths in the library.

mboehler

Right. He knows about the currently functionality, however he's requesting that we remove the restriction that the shortcut paths must be identical to the paths in the library.

Oh, my mistake.  Sorry about that!

cybrsage

My fault, was not clear enough.  :)

Yes, I would like it to work just like it did in MB 2.6, that way anyone who is using the old version can easily transition to the better, faster, stronger, new version.

Edited by cybrsage
  • Like 1