serverwmc not responding

ab123ga

ab123ga

Question. Is anyone else having an issue where serverwmc is running as however is not responding to clients. I've been getting every so often lately and have had to stop the task and restart. Not a huge deal b/c I'm thinking of creating an hourly task to bounce it. I can post logs but not sure what they would show related to this question. 

krustyreturns

Please do post the serverwmc log after it is in this non-responsive state.  Is the 'task' you are restarting serverwmc?

ab123ga

Will post. Running ok right now. My plan was to run a batch file that kills the process then run serverwmc. I'll put a hold on that for now. 

krustyreturns

Another user in the kodi forum had trouble with an exception being thrown related to the client connection, once it got thrown serverwmc wouldn't do anything until it was restarted.  Interestingly, he never had this problem until he added Fire TV to his network.  We never found the source of the exception, but I fixed the problem that caused swmc to not recover (hasn't been released yet).  I'm just curious if its the same issue.

ab123ga

Fortunately or unfortunately...I've not had it freeze up in the past 24 hours. I have Kodi running on one computer and also use MB3/Web. If it does not freeze in the next 24hrs will just drop it :)

Thanks for your response. 

ab123ga

@Krusty. Today after starting Kodi it gave me the warning that it it lost connection to the back end. It did that for a while. MB3 noted could not connect. All of this was around 11AM E. Not sure when serverwmc was first unresponsive other than when I started Kodi. I kept accessing the serverwmc app to see if I could see if it would respond before cancelling then restarting and after a few minutes, it did on its own. I pulled the most recent logs upto and around 11AM Est.

https://app.box.com/s/zx1m2dto5obtoszicv89adt5a8wi91xe

krustyreturns

There was an uncaught wmc database error in one of the logs, that's all I could see - and unfortunately I have never seen this error before.  I can't say for sure if that is causing the problem, but it seems likely.