Unhandled exception after adding Roku Thumbnails in 3.0.5518.0

inzombyac
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

inzombyac

I was able to resolve this issue by myself but I am not sure if this will help the devs or not.  In any case, I applied the beta update to 3.0.5518.0 on my Windows 7 server.  The server restarted fine and I added the Roku Thumbnails plugin.  I didn't restart after the plugin installation until today as I was watching something last night.  When I went to restart the server, the server app was crashing with an unhandled exception error.  Tried another few restarts with the same.  I tried a reinstall of the server component but that did not help.  I was finally able to get the server to start by manually removing the roku plugin .dll file.  Once I was up and running, I reinstalled the plugin from the dashboard and have been fine since.

Here's a link to the server logs of the time when the issue was occurring: server_logs.zip

• Solution

Actually, I'm pretty sure what happened to you here was that you had a stranded instance of ffmpeg running.  Once that finally got killed (maybe by restarting the machine) the server was able to come up properly.

• Like 1