Emby & Android Wear

tp546

Olywa123

As another android wear user (two in our household) I would also like to see this, though appreciate how low on the priority list it is.

Meanwhile for anyone with a roku there is a wear remote that may be worth a look (we don't have a roku so I have not tried it myself) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinybyteapps.robyte&hl=en_GB

• 1 year later...
swhitmore

Hey, sorry to resurrect an old thread. I just ordered an Android Wear Huawei Watch and was wondering if anyone has worked out a way to control Emby from the watch.

when you play with the mobile android app, we already create notifications that get displayed on your android wear watch that allow you to control it. @@Latchmor

Latchmor

when you play with the mobile android app, we already create notifications that get displayed on your android wear watch that allow you to control it. @@Latchmor

I'll confirm tonight. I usually have my watch off at night but I'm sure I've seen the notifications before...

Latchmor

Hey, just tried an episode and my watch was displaying 'undefined' and what looked like music controls. Checked phone and it's showing this.

d90f062870a8fc570649f8d81978f8cd.jpg

Edited by Latchmor

swhitmore

I had to disable notification for Emby becuase I couldn't figure out a way to dismis it. Is that just a bug? I'll enable it again and try it with the watch when it arrives. Thanks.

Edit: I found out that Unified remote have a Wear app, so that might be a good option when I'm not using my phone to start playing on Emby Theatre.

Edited by swhitmore

Latchmor

Try 2.8.45, thanks.

Hi Luke, phone notifications/controls look correct and work now.

Watch now displays the episode info but the controls don't work yet. Pressing pause displays pause but it's not transferring to phone/playback.

Thanks