DangerIsGo

DangerIsGo

I'm following the folder structure for music:

Music /

Static-X /

1999 - Wisconsin Death Trip /

Static-X - 01 - Push It.mp3

2001 - Machine /

All of my albums have the year released in it for automatic sorting in foobar and have not had any issues with any other albums/artists.  For the record, I even removed the year and the problem still exists.  It's only this artist.  When I add any album, the artist shows up in the Album Artists and Artists tabs under music, but there are no albums shown.  When I click on Albums, it's listed there.  When I click on 'Songs', the songs are listed there.  The albums all exist in the MetaData section and all have MusicBrainz IDs assosciated with them along with artwork.  I have tried several times to remove the artist folder and rescan and replace it and rescan to no avail.  I've removed anything in the ibn/artists related to Static-X and rescanned...nothing.  I'm all out of ideas.  Like I said, this is the only artist this is happening to and all the rest of the artists are fine.  Any ideas?

DangerIsGo

I updated to the new Beta and this is still an issue. Anyone have any ideas?  In the log it just shows:

2015-02-11 09:59:35.7787 Debug - LibraryMonitor: Changed detected of type Changed to D:\Music\My Music\!!!Main Music!!!\Static-X\2009 - Cult of Static\11-static-x-grind_2_halt.mp3

for all the songs/albums
And it was able to find the artist on music brainz:

www.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?query=artist:"Static-X"

ginjaninja

when u view the album...is an album artist listed for album?

when you click on said album artist what album content is shown?

what is the ibn path for the album artist? (The pathname indicates the string detected for artist in the tag)

Edited by ginjaninja

DangerIsGo

If I go to albums, it is listed there.  Upon clicking on it, I see:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iGgVk6lwleUmVwY1JyRENObUk/view?usp=sharing

When I click on the artist name (blue link above album name in middle of the page), I get this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iGgVk6lwleNFJ4RUJ6YXVPR0k/view?usp=sharing

The IBN path is

C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\artists\Static-X

The MusicBrainz ID is correct too.

ginjaninja

I can reproduce this....https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iGgVk6lwleNFJ4RUJ6YXVPR0k/view

I Just created a dummy album with artist and album artist = 'Static-X' and store in 'Music\Static-X\[2008] Beneath...Between...Beyond'

Sometimes there are issues with similar tags, confounding the user experience/ui...but in this case....it seems that MB3 simply does not like the artist name 'Static-X'...

I was not able to reproduce the issue with artist/album artist 'Test-B' or  'Test-X'..

the album name does not seem to matter....

Change artist/albumartist to Static-X..rescan....album does not show up under 'static-x'...change to other artist..rescan...album does show up under test artist....change back to 'Static-X' ...rescan...album does not show up...

I wonder what is the special part of 'Static-X'..which causes MB3 to fall over....seems like a bug to me...

Edited by ginjaninja