Putting recording directory in TV Shows

CalypsoCowboy

CalypsoCowboy

Has anyone put their directory they are using for recording tv into their TV Shows configuration?

Right now my recording directory is local to my server. My archived TV Shows directory is stored on a NAS. I'm thinking about adding the recording directory to the list of directories with TV shows in the MediaBrowser configuration.

The reasons I'm looking to do this are as follows.

1. WAF, I give my wife only one place to go to look for recorded TV shows.

2. I'm using Kodi/OpenElec and it sounds like there is a limitation in place for watching in progress recordings from the Live TV addon, and by adding the directory to the TV Shows, it may get around this limitation.

3. Right now there is a problem with Kodi or the NextPVR plugin where it is only refreshing the recorded shows if Kodi restarts, this would then become a non issue.

Just looking to see if anyone has done this and what pitfalls they ran into. The only one I'm not sure of is the renaming I'm having NextPVR doing in the postprocessing.bat file. 

-Josh

I believe 14.1 is supposed to fix the NextPVR refresh issue.

Otherwise NextPVR recording names are not in a format that Kodi (or I believe MB3) recognize. So they won't pick up any metadata. You will also have issues if you try to watch anything still in progress. 

CalypsoCowboy

I'm still working through this, will post an update when it's working better and I have all my issues resolved. 

For what ever reason, I'm still having the refresh issue with NextPVR in 14.1, not sure if the fix was only certain clients or what. 

-Josh

• 1 year later...