Zappiti 4k

hifiaudio2

hifiaudio2

I just got my Zappiti 4k player today based on a Realtek chipset.  

http://zappiti.com/zappiti_player_4k.html

It runs Android 4.4 so I went through the player to the Google Play store and downloaded the MB Andoid app and all works fine.   But of course it transcodes everything. 

Now, this player has other playback apps on it,  both a Zappiti media player and also Kodi 14.1 preloaded (which crashes a ton right now, but that is another story). In fact as far as stability goes MB for Android works BETTER than the included apps.

I don't believe the overall player is ready for prime time use at all right now, but it does have a nice fluid android interface and shows a lot of potential. 

So my question is:  Is that anyway to create settings on the MB Andoid app that could allow it access to the underlying hardware in this machine that IS capable of playback for MKV files, etc so that it will NOT transcode?  The machine can do it but I guess the app just doesn't know that. 

I would be happy to help beta test functionality if that helps.  I cannot code however, only test.

Edited by hifiaudio2

CashMoney

Don't really have an answer to your question but how about using a third party app as an external player with the android app? MX Player or VLC for example. Not sure if it would help but thought I'd post just in case.

MSattler

Don't really have an answer to your question but how about using a third party app as an external player with the android app? MX Player or VLC for example. Not sure if it would help but thought I'd post just in case.

I have done exactly that with my Fire TV Stick, and it has proven to work very well!

• Like 1