TV show not updating, won't "let go" of an old name

jdthird

I had problems when I added "Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness" to my TV share.  It showed up in my TV lists with the name of the folder it was given (exactly what was in quotes) but all metadata was blank.  So I figured I'd rename the folder to just "Kung Fu Panda" and see if that let it get recognized.  Removed XML files and metadata files from the folder structure.  And that did nothing.  Just to see if I could trigger anything, I renamed the folder to "TEMP" and that got seen, and now it showed up in the TV listing as "Temp" for the TV show name.  Put it back to "Kung Fu Panda" a couple weeks ago and have done refreshes and rescans and everything, but it still only lists as "TEMP" for the name of the show in MB classic.  And it doesn't get metadata.

Any other movie or TV show or tv episode I've added in the interim period has updated correctly, it's just this one.

Is there some cache I can nuke somewhere to try to force it to STOP displaying this as "Temp" in the TV listings in MB classic and have it actually scan for metadata?  Getting frustrated with how much time I've spent trying to get it to do anything to no avail.

Thanks

John

Try this.

Cut and paste the entire "Kung Fu Panda..." folder to somewhere else outside of the MB library.

Run A Library scan.

Delete all of the non video files inside the folder, then name the folder and video as you like and cut and paste it all back into your library.

Run another scan and you should be good. At least back to square one.

Maybe try to do a manual search on  IMDB, TMDB and TVDB for your video. If you can find it, that will give you the correct naming or ID for the video the files so then MB can find and populate the details for you.

good  luck

Edit:  IMDB shows the  title of this series as "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness" (Note  the Colon after Panda) with an ID of "tt1545214" Rename your folder and files accordingly, then if it is not picked up in the new scan. Open the metadata manager and put in the IMDB id manually. Then refresh and it should find it ok.

Edited by jordy

I did the cut/paste out of the whole awareness of the server and scans, that made no difference at all, it still won't give up the name "temp" when I move it back.

Unfortunately I've recently moved to a new Synology 8 bay NAS to replace my old Windows home server that I couldn't expand anymore, and apparently the Synology won't allow colons and such in file / folder names...

I've not dug into the metadata manager at all previously, so I'll have to find where that's and and what to do.  I used to use meta/browser for the back end stuff and mediabrowser for the front end within media center, so I'm still learning the ropes since I've gone to the mediabrowser server instead.

Thanks!

John

Edited by jdthird

Alright, found the metadata manager, added the title as specified, and the ID, and will see what I get with refreshes.  Thanks!

Hmmm, I spoke too soon.  I saw in my explorer view from my tablet PC that it found all the metadata, pictures and series and such, but in mediabrowser, despite multiple refreshes it still shows "TEMP" as the name of the show and none of the metadata shows up, although in the season view it shows the names of the episodes correctly when you select season 1, 2, etc.  But when you enter season 1, it just shows 1 - 01 and no metadata that it just showed.

Clearly I'm missing something on how to get the mediabrowser classic side to actually flush out the bad data and accept what's there.

It *DOES* show up correctly in the web browser when I do a folder view...  So I know it's there and visible and "active"...  Just doesn't show up at all in mediabrowser classic within windows 8.1 media center.

Does it show "Temp" as the show name or in any field in metadata manager? If so change that and don't forget to save the changes you make. If it shows the correct name in metadata manager I'm not sure what you can do. Hopefully one of the devs can help. @@ebr is the man for all things MBClassic.