Web Client Matching Library Icons

Pais

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
rickster53

I think these are really terrific! The only icon on the Home screen that is not generating for me is one for Playlists, in my case it's my music Playlists. Do I need to do anything special or is that on a "to-do" list?

Pais

It looks like the light grey background color on the server changed with the most recent beta. I've updated most of the images and put them in a subfolder in the shared location. I think the only one I didn't do was trailers. I don't seem to have the original files for that one. If someone is using it let me know and I'll recreate it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
rickster53

Hi Pais,

I'm hoping you might be able to create an icon for "Music Playlists". I didn't see one in your download link. I really appreciate the ones you've already provided and thanks for your effort!

EDIT: I'm guessing these actually self generate based upon the content in the folder, so maybe this one isn't generating for me is because I only have one playlist created right now?

Edited by rickster53

FrostByte

I only have one playlist and it auto creates the image for me.  It seems to always change whenever I do a library scan too

Happy2Play

What's the path to the config xml to make the change?

Are you looking for the system.xml?

%appdata%/MediaBrowser-Server/config

rickster53

I only have one playlist and it auto creates the image for me.  It seems to always change whenever I do a library scan too

In my case, I have 2 playlists and it creates icons for each of them. What it's not auto generating is the icon for the folder that contains both of those playlists... Ie. I'm talking about at the highest level of the library (HOME) in the view that contains My Media---see attached photo...

post-198-0-87454600-1433764308_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

I added some photos with subfolders and it only auto created the dynamic image for the first level back from the actual photo images.  I'm guessing it's only programmed to do one level up for certain media types?  I get the generic icon like you described at the Year level.  I manually added my own image at Photos

\Photos\Year\Place, Event, etc\file1.jpg

\file2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

rickster53

Thanks FrostByte, your answer makes sense, now that I think about it...  You can only auto generate up one level from where the actual source images are and still keep the image relevant to what's below.  Guess I'll do for Playlists what you did for Photos... manually add my own image.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi

These look very nice!

Would love to download them but it says link isnt valid :(

I created some new library icons this weekend that are meant to follow a similar color scheme as the web client with backdrops turned off. I think they turned out rather nicely and thought maybe someone else would find these useful. I have plans for doing movie genre images in a similar style followed by music genres.

54d790358dd8f_preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

Happy2Play

@@Pais do you still have these?

Here are the only ones I have.

I have the Genre paneled on also if needed.

Edited by Happy2Play

Pais

Not sure why the link went bad. I updated the link in the first post. Let me know if there's any trouble accessing them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
jds828

Thanks for these, I really like them.

Would it be possible to make them without the text? Also could you make a playlists one?

I did try your instructions in the first post using GIMP but failed badly.